We are doing a Celebrity Cruise and....

flight1234

Is there an Excursion where they take you by the airport to watch the planes land? We want to snorkel, but up for anything... thanks for any info!

Taking a taxi from the port and back is the easiest way to get to Maho beach. The snorkeling is quite poor but at Mullet Bay about a 15 minute walk away there is a decent snorkeling spot by the rocks. It's not great but there are colorful fish at least.

You need to know the plane schedule to make the trip to Maho worth your while. The largest planes, usually Air France, land around midday, as I recall. You might see smaller jsets, but you really need to see the overseas planes for the FULL effect. We did a private tour ( Bernard's) which stopped there at the right time. The tour was pretty good. But you certainly can get to the airport on your own. You can find the plane schedule here I think. Don't let the "adult" pictures scare you away.;)

http://sunsetsxm.com/

Edited by eandj

We booked a day on the Celine catamaran, capacity around 16, for the 3 of us. Trip included shuttle to/from the marina, drinks included, and a fabulous lunch.

They take you to 2 beaches, one on the French side and one on the Dutch side. Snorkeling gear provided or you can float in the water on a foam noodle with a drink in hand.

Seems it was Dawn(?) and Mullet. Went past the airport twice with photo ops from the sea.

I thought it was a great deal for the day, even at $115/each, with everything inclusive and no charge for our son, age 5.

they have similiar trips available with other operators. We didn't have to worry about traffic and they would have taken the cat straight to the ship IF we were running late.

I can't say enough good things about Neil and his crew. We were at less than capacity and a couple no-shows.

Edited by mondello