Will Butler bring Cagney's breakfast on POA?

bigmandog

We have our first penthouse and I am so excited about having a nice big balcony to eat breakfast on and I wonder if the Butler will bring us Cagney's breakfast from the menu? How to we go about ordering this from him/her? The night prior? Does anyone know if having it by 6 or 7 am would be to early?

I know there is a ton of info on tipping and I have read much of it, but how much would you increase your "base" tip each time you have him bring this breakfast (if it is possible!!!!!!)

Thank you all for your opinions. I can't wait. Just thinking about it is half the fun.

We've heard different stories here about the Butler Breakfast. The exceptions may have been limited to one concierge, who said she was trying to encourage the suite passengers to come to Cagney's directly.

Now, having said that, we never had a problem with getting anything we wanted for breakfast, served by our butler.

There is a specific (or at least, there has been in the past) suite breakfast menu, like a hang tag. Pretty much all the obvious breakfast choices!

I don't know Cagney's hours on the POA, but 6 AM might be pushing it. 7 AM would not be a problem, ymmv.

Can't answer directly about the POA, as haven't been on it. However, on all our previous NCL suite cruises, you could order anything you wanted from the various specialty restaurants for service in your cabin, including breakfast items from Cagneys.

Your meal will be served at whatever time you ask, although the butlers do have an "off duty" period, but it never seems like that's a problem.

As you've seen, there's a mass of different opinions and ideas about tipping. Personally, since we tip at the end of the cruise, my habit is to wait and see how many times we avail ourselves of the in-room dining service. Then start with the guideline of what you'd expect to tip in a nice restaurant, and factor in the time of delivery and composition of the order.

[...]see how many times we avail ourselves of the in-room dining service. Then start with the guideline of what you'd expect to tip in a nice restaurant, and factor in the time of delivery and composition of the order.

This is a good point. Yes, you can order almost anything, providing you're not being too demanding. Of course, the butler will set the table and clear it. A gratuity should reflect their effort and timeliness.