7-Night Western

pls5286

My daughter, who will be 11 at the time of the trip wants to do a Mommy-Daughter cruise. Her brother is 17 and thinks he is too cool to hang with mom unless his girlfriend can come along.

What do you think of this. I do have some health issues so the strenuous excursions are out. What do you recommend? This will be the first trip just the 2 of us. She is now big enough that I don't have to have someone else to help chase her around!

Edited by pls5286

PLS5286,

In less than a month I'm taking my mom on our first mother-daughter cruise--to the Western Caribbean. I can't wait!

Mom has never cruised. We didn't have the funds to take these kinds of major trips when I was kid. My mom has never experienced room-service, going to a spa, or the joy of waking up and looking out on the ocean from her balcony. We don't have any strenuous excursions planned.There always seemed to be plenty to pick from with a little research seemed that fit the bill.

I can't speak to your specific situation, surely where your other child would stay, and expense factor into the equation, but I can tell you- there's no right or wrong time to start spending time together and build memories.

I am looking at a 7 Night Western Caribbean out of FLA. I have not settled on a port yet.

My son would stay with his grandparents.

Do you have any excursions to recommend that we do that are not too strenuous? I can handle walks, as long as there are breaks and not fast paced. She is not a good swimmer. She really wants to see the Mayan Ruins since she has studied them in school.

The ports of call on a 7 night Western Caribbean will give you both an excellent opportunity of seeing Mayan ruins.

We have seen a Chitchen Itza, Uxmal, Kohunlich, Tulum, and Lamanai. I would suggest that you look at the cruise lines you are interested in to see which one offers the shore excursions to the ruins you are most interested in.

You might like to see slide shows my wife made with pictures she took at those sites. Just click on the links below to view them.

Happy cruising!

My daughter, who will be 11 at the time of the trip wants to do a Mommy-Daughter cruise. Her brother is 17 and thinks he is too cool to hang with mom unless his girlfriend can come along.

What do you think of this. I do have some health issues so the strenuous excursions are out. What do you recommend? This will be the first trip just the 2 of us. She is now big enough that I don't have to have someone else to help chase her around!

We are doing this on the 1/19/14 sailing of the Legend. Two moms (bff's) and their girls (ages 10 & 12). Leaving the boys at home! Can't wait.