What to do with Mom . . .

Tucwebb

in Grand Cayman. She is in her 70's and has had a hip replacement, so not easy for her to get around. I already swam with the stingrays, and she definitely can't. Any suggestions? Thanks much.

We were on the VOS two years ago with my parents and my Grandmother (late 70's). We took Captain Marvins Stingray City Tour and they took a taxi to the Holiday Inn. It is now the Courtyard by Marriott. They paid $10 each for lounge chairs and had a restful day at the beach. After our Tour we had Captain Marvins drop us off there so we could join up with them.

Joanmary - we are sailing the Mariner of the Seas on April 23, 2006.

Megadan - I did Capt. Marvins (the half day, 3 stop) the last time I was there and it was probably the best part of our cruise. I suggested my two sisters do that this time while I do something with Mom. The Courtyard by Marriott sounds good, but I was also looking at the Glass Bottom Boat tour (with Capt. Marvin) and trip to the Butterfly Farm. That way Mom can still experience the awesome coral reefs and marine life, and then some beautiful butterflies, as well. After that I thought we'd meet up with the sisters, get a bite to eat, do some shopping, and buy our rum cakes (a must) before heading back to the ship.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone done Capt. Marvin's glass bottom boat, and is it hard to maneuver? I figure once on, Mom shouldn't have much of a problem? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks much.

Archived