Oasis of the Seas best cruise ever!

We went from December 7 to Dec. 14 on the Western route. Absolutely no complaints and out of our many cruises on Princess and Carnival and 1 NCL, this will go down as our best cruise yet.

We had a boardwalk balcony on deck 12 and absolutely loved it. Thought we would dislike the large ship due to crowds but we only saw them on day 1 which is true for all the cruises. We had late main dining and was so satisfied with the food we felt no need to go to a specialty restaurant, however we did try Johnny Rockets. We loved this cruise so much my son and his fiancee has changed their honeymoon plans to this ship instead of a land resort for the summer

Any questions ask away.

I was on that same cruise...it was my first cruise so I can't compare it to others, but it was one of my best vacations ever. I was worried about feeling "trapped" on a boat for a week, but there was so much to do, I never felt like that. Thought it would be too crowded and hectic to relax, but there was always nice spot in the solarium by the hot tubs, or pretty much anywhere else I wanted to be. Aside from the muster drill,I would never have known there were so many people on the ship. I agree about the dining...I was with a group of friends, and we ate at Giovannis table one night to celebrate a birthday, but aside from that, only ate dinner in the dining room...it was so good, there was no reason to go elsewhere. Still missing my nightly shrimp cocktail, though. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

Edited by fluffysue

We went from December 7 to Dec. 14 on the Western route. Absolutely no complaints and out of our many cruises on Princess and Carnival and 1 NCL, this will go down as our best cruise yet.

We had a boardwalk balcony on deck 12 and absolutely loved it. Thought we would dislike the large ship due to crowds but we only saw them on day 1 which is true for all the cruises. We had late main dining and was so satisfied with the food we felt no need to go to a specialty restaurant, however we did try Johnny Rockets. We loved this cruise so much my son and his fiancee has changed their honeymoon plans to this ship instead of a land resort for the summer

Any questions ask away.

Glad you had a great cruise. I will be sailing on Oasis 1/4/14 in a boardwalk balcony room. What cabin were you in? Could you see the Aqua theater and/or ocean from your balcony?

Thanks for your help

Edited by MsViola

We were originally on this ship for Dec 7 but switched to the Independance for the same date. Only reason is that I love the sauna and its free on some ships and on others they charge for thir use and some are co-ed which is not my style. Loved the Independance and all the ports. Just booked another cruise today for Nov 2014 sailing out of Galveston. Price was too good to pass up for a Jr. Suite.

We were on Oasis the following week. We absolutely loved it. It was one of the "happiest" ships I have ever sailed on, the entertainment was great, and the ship was just incredible beyond words. I have practically no complains and endless praise for Oasis.

Glad you had a great cruise. I will be sailing on Oasis 1/4/14 in a boardwalk balcony room. What cabin were you in? Could you see the Aqua theater and/or ocean from your balcony?

Thanks for your help

We were about 12 cabins back from the aft and we would sit on the balcony and watch the show and the ocean. It is better to be closer if you really want to watch the show and movies but deck 12, 11 and 7 have rear decks you can sit or stand at to really see the show well and we loved having the ocean view and boardwalk view.

Good to hear you have a great cruise.

How do you like the boardwalk balcony? Any issue about noise, privacy, or other things you may comment?

We will be in a boardwalk balcony on Allure so would like to learn from others experience. Thank you.

We loved the boardwalk balcony having the advantage of see the ocean and the boardwalk. The only time we had a noise issue was on the first night when a band played right below us for a couple of hours. The rest of the noise you could not hear once the door was shut. Central Park balconies I would not like due to no ocean view and you could tell you don't get as much fresh air there as boardwalk. We also never saw anyone out on those balconies unlike boardwalk. As far as privacy, we shut the drapes if we were dressing other than that no issues with privacy.

My wife and i would also love to hear your thoughts on the boardwalk balcony. We are in cabin 12323 for our back to back in Dec 2014.

Glad you all had a great time.

I looked at the deck plans and that is a wonderful cabin being 4 cabins back from the aft. If we were to change anything we would move closer to the back of the ship instead of 12 cabins down from the back. Remember to visit your aft deck for sail aways. No one was ever out there.