Question about the current $80 Bar Credit

sunsandsip

Oh well never mind. After being on hold for extremely long time, there is no other cabins left in our category (6c) so nothing to compare price to. Good luck to others it was worth a shot.

We have saved the cost of at least one cruise from what others on cc have told us.

Sometimes we save and sometimes doesnt work but worth checking by mock booking.

So do you have to book with Early saver to get this or no?

Yes, apparently so.

It is available for my sailing, but when I called I was told because I did not book early saver, and I am past final payment, I was not eligible.... I even called back, spoke with someone else (just to be sure), and was told the same thing :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So do you have to book with Early saver to get this or no?

Not necessarily. If you are before final payment and booked under any refundable deposit rate, then you can get this promo as long as you are past guest. However if you are passed your final payment date and not booked early saver then no you cannot get reduced rate.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I am so glad that some of you were able to get the credit. CC friends have saved me money many times but this is the first time I was able to pay it forward.:D Hoping for just one more price drop before my final payment date of 1/6/14. Between price drops and this bar credit I have gotten $280 for this cruise.:)

I just booked a cruise. I was offered the $80 bar credit if I booked past guest but this rate was $40 more per person x 2 = $80 more than the early saver rate and I like to book early saver because I usually get rate drops.

You can not get the bar credit with the early saver rate so if you book past guest for the bar credit you can not take advantage of any price drops. :(

I just booked a cruise. I was offered the $80 bar credit if I booked past guest but this rate was $40 more per person x 2 = $80 more than the early saver rate and I like to book early saver because I usually get rate drops.

You can not get the bar credit with the early saver rate so if you book past guest for the bar credit you can not take advantage of any price drops. :(

You can take advantage of price drops under past guest. You can't do it once final payment has passed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

I tried to call last night as the online booking wasn't working for me. The sales guy said the credit was only for people who were past guests on Carnival's "sister" lines, which I can't find printed anywhere, and doesn't sound true from what I'm reading here. I'll be calling my PVP this morning and hope to have better luck...

This $80 bar credit thing is no good for my situation. I have 2 cruises booked next year. I booked both cruises 5-6 months ago (ES was not available) and the prices have never gone down.

It will only cost me $80 each cruise to change my reservations to get the $80 bar credit. :rolleyes:

Yeah, what a deal.

I called my PVP and for 11. per cabin extra we had to pay, we received an $80. credit, so we made $70. not a bad deal at all.

Unfortunately for our first week of our B2B the rates now are almost 300 more than what we paid when we booked.

Gotta love my ES, it has worked for me for every one of our cruises that I have booked to date.

I booked ES and was told they'd "change my rate" and I'd lose OBC of $100 to get $40 bar credit (traveling solo). I've been told each time if I booked ES I stay ES so what does this "change my rate" really mean??

The bar credit promotion is good with past guest rates only according to my PVP.