No Fridges on Sunshine (only certain cabins???)

tbtma

Crusing in a blacony cabin on the Sunshine in 2 weeks, all the previous cruises that Ive been on ( in balconies) have always had a fridge, but I thought I read recently that they werent "standard" in balcony cabins anymore, but only certain cabins. Deck 6 , if that helps...

Thanks

Bonnie

Crusing in a blacony cabin on the Sunshine in 2 weeks, all the previous cruises that Ive been on ( in balconies) have always had a fridge, but I thought I read recently that they werent "standard" in balcony cabins anymore, but only certain cabins. Deck 6 , if that helps...

Thanks

Bonnie

Not all cabins have the mini bar and none of the cabins has a "fridge". Many staterooms had no mini bars.

Here is the info that you want...only certain decks have mini bars. Ship: SH (suites and staterooms on decks 3/5/10/11/12 and select staterooms on deck 9)

We were in 9126, the Grand Scenic Ocean View and we had a mini bar. Remember that this is the old Destiny redone so not all cabins have been "updated" and many still have the features or lack of features, that the Destiny had.

Some of the cabins had hair dryers in the bathroom the same as the Destiny did and other cabins (new and updated cabins) had the hair dryers in the vanity like the majority of the ships have.

Our table mates had an inside cabin that had no furniture except for the vanity, bed and closet...not even a single chair except for the stool at the vanity. They only had one little bedside lamp too.

Thanks

Bonnie

We were in a Spa Balcony Cabin on Deck 11 in September and we had a mini-bar that we used as a fridge. As others have said it seems like they are not standard...some cabins have them some don't.

Yeah not worried at all about a mini bar, but a fridge ??? Yeah im gonna miss that. ! Crazy, as i said, ive had a fridge pretty much every cruise...oh well.

Only the Fantasy Class ships have a "fridge". The rest of the Carnival fleet are all considered mini bars and only keep things cool not cold. They look like the little college dorm style fridges but they are not.

Thanks

Bonnie

The ships that were built in the 90's only have them in the suites. Sunshine got some but it's hit or miss.

OP here, I had fridges on The Destiny, The Triumph & The Valor, like someone posted they were like mini fridges kinda like the college dorm type, I would be happy with them. Oh well I guess a full ice bucket will work as well.

Bonnie

Thanks

Bonnie

Bring a cooler your room stuart will keep ice in it for you

Oh my; we will be in cabin 9136 and need a mini bar for diabetic supplies. Has anyone been in that cabin. Maybe I should call special needs to find out if they have a mini bar in that cabin

thanks for the info

CALL! Everything I've read here on CC says they have a few available for use in circumstances such as yours. But they are limited. So I'd suggest you NOT wait, call them and make arrangements as soon as possible!

Just got back last week from the Sunshine and we had no fridge. We knew going on that we wouldn't. My parents went immediately to Guest Services and got one. I went just a bit behind them and they said they had a limited number and that they were for medical use, etc. I thanked them and went on without one. We had a total of 5 or 6 rooms in our party, deck nine, and none had one (except above-mentioned).

We got to the room and the cabin and there was no ice bucket, so I requested one. Our room steward offered a "larger" one. It was a beer bucket. He filled it once per day (in the morning) and drinks were somewhat cold for dinner. Not as cold as I would prefer... Seems like someone in our party had theirs filled twice per day.

They told my parents that it really wasn't even good for medical supplies, because it could not maintain a constant temp for meds. But that contradicted what I was told (???).

We were really fine without one, but would have been pretty set with twice a day refill. My poor uncle washed out his trashcan and asked for ice in it! You would think an ice bucket would be a "given" where a fridge is lacking.

Have fun, it's my favorite ship so far!