New incentive... On board bar credit

rjrice1

You will never know unless you call. I called and I booked three rooms, one interior, one balcony and one vista suite. All of the cat I booked were either sold out or at a higher rate. I could get and 80 bar credit for the interior room but would need to pay the difference on the rate hike which was 60.00 not worth the hassle for me so I left things alone. But it only takes a call at the 1-800 number if you booked thru carnival.:D

I just called and she said because I was already paid in full and I booked under the holiday sale, that I couldn't get the bar credit. Oh, well. It was worth a shot! She said if I had booked early saver, I would have been able to get it.

I was booked under the More=Merrier sale which had a stipulation that you had to keep a certain number in your cabin or pay current rates if someone cancelled. I switched to this sale which was the same net price but without that stipulation. I wasn't sure that my daughter's friend wouldn't back out on us so this one works better for me.

I booked a March week to the Carribean in October with a final pymt due Dec 23. It was a past guest rate of 819 pp balcony. Looked again a few weeks ago and they had the 749 rate for holiday sale. I emailed them and they said you could always cancel and rebook, so I asked them if I would have to rebook the FFTF. Didn't get an email response on that, but a few days later, our rate was adjusted down - that was cool.

So, I emailed them about this 80 bar credit and asked if it could be applied to the Cheers program. Waiting for response - even if they say no, I'm happy we got the original discount even though we were not early saver.