Confused over the WOW sale

SHAZA0208

Could someone please help clarify.

I was about to book the Adventure O.S for 3rd August 2014 and have been tracking the fare since September.

Back then,for a category Q inside cabin for 2 passengers the fare was £2798.

With the WOW sale now on offer, it is stated that £300.00 has already been deducted from the advertised price which is - yes you've guessed- the same as the price was back in September.

With the exception of free parking in Southhampton and free soda for 16yrs and under,is it legal to call it a sale?

Hi

I have just gone through and priced it up. I am getting £2902 for that cruise and cabin grade (inc gratuities)...! £1365 basic pp and gratuities are £86 pp.

Unfortunately, I am sure there is some 'supply and demand' quote that you will be given and prices fluctuate (so you can guarantee they rose just before the sale!) but I find it strange that I have just got a completely different price.

If you are getting it cheaper, maybe an additional C&A discount has been applied if you are a member and have previously entered your number in the required box!?

Just guesses I am afraid.

Jo :)

Thanks for your replies. I shall be keeping an eye on what is going on.

I rang up and was put through to an assistant who explained that category Q is £1555.16 with 6 cabins left and category N is £5:00 more with only 8 cabins remaining.

Not going to rush into booking just yet. Need to do more research.

I think the same thing happens in a few of the early bird specials too. If you really want a particular cabin then it might work ok, but often we see the price drop by as much or more than the early specials.

The cabin prices seem to jump around on fairly constant patterns. We have also noticed a few price drops around Christmas. Maybe after all the presents have been bought. Then after the final payment date there is often a drop as has been mentioned here quite a bit.

We have been researching similar cruises to those we are interested in, and have been trying to calculate rate per day on different ships and different cabin types. It does your head in a bit! Also what happens one year can be the opposite the next year.

Work out what you are happy to pay, and also it makes a difference if you would be limited to a certain timeframe due to other commitments. If you can't stand the thought of missing out, then book the cabin you want if you are happy with the price. Sometimes you get a bargain and sometimes the price may or may not change. It is the same with large electronic items and cars. :)

You can't really compare fares in December with fares in September. My next cruise has already increased by $300 since I booked. The fares fluctuate constantly. I have not had great luck with the WOW sale. I usually find a savings certificate that I can apply and book based on that rather than a WOW sale.