Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

I'm really enjoying your detailed review on both the ships & the traveling in between. 90% of my cruises has been with my dad as well, so it's so nice to see others who relate and ENJOY traveling with their parents! It's very obvious by the photos and your stories what a tight bond you two have! Thank you for sharing that with us. :)

I had a question about your room on the Sunshine. I've never seen fleece blankets used (at least in the last 5 years) on the ships I have been on. Did you request extra bedding or is this the blankets they are using as standard on the Sunshine?

Thank you again for all the pictures! It's a beautiful ship, I look forward to my turn on her next year! :)

I have a question concerning the balcony. In June I have two balcony rooms next to each other, can the divider be pulled back between the two rooms?

So excited for this portion of the review! Can't wait to see New Orleans from the deck of The Sunshine. I hope it isn't that foggy when we are there!!!

We had a Spa Balcony Cabin on the 11th deck and our room steward opened the balcony divider between our room and our friend's room next door. It stayed open the entire trip.

Who is ready for some cute and cuddly pictures of some manatees??? These pictures are the ones that were taken of us during the manatee encounter.

DSC_0115_zpsd28096c9.jpg

DSC_0112_zps48462f92.jpg

DSC_0107_zps265e160d.jpg

DSC_0097_zps18f2b620.jpg

DSC_0092_zps82d623b6.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsc7046c6c.jpg

Pretty sure these pictures speak for themselves. It was so much fun to swim with manatees.

Love these pics!! It looks like so much fun!!

Love your review!!! I am sailing on Sunshine 2/16/14 with a friend that has never cruised before. We've never been to New Orleans either.

My last two cruises have been on Breeze, we just returned last Sunday. I love the Breeze!!! Can't wait for sunshine!!

Love your review!!! I am sailing on Sunshine 2/16/14 with a friend that has never cruised before. We've never been to New Orleans either.

My last two cruises have been on Breeze, we just returned last Sunday. I love the Breeze!!! Can't wait for sunshine!!

My kiddies and mom love the Breeze too:D Lovely ship with lots to do. We sailed on the Breeze June 2013 for mom & son birthdays and Father's day. My daughter loved roaming around with friends. What was your itinerary? Ours was Jamaica ,Grand Turk & Nassau Bahamas.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Ok folks that is the end of Day #1 onboard the Carnival Sunshine. Feel free to ask any and all questions

You are spoiling us! :D Have you used any Shuttle services in Port Canaveral.

I've come across Travelynx Executive Vip& Cocoa Beach Shuttle mixed reviews everywhere

At least in the river if you get stuck or tip, you aren't going to go far. You could walk or swim to shore or the mulky land (depending where you are). Now if you are in the ocean, that is a whole new story.

Our last cruise was to Canada and two other ports. I would say at least two days it was all fog. You could hardly see the Carnival tail when you were on the other part looking at the tail (like the doors to go inside but upstairs). Either rained or was a little cool the whole time. I booked my next trip to the Caribbean and hope it is better.

I'm really enjoying your detailed review on both the ships & the traveling in between. 90% of my cruises has been with my dad as well, so it's so nice to see others who relate and ENJOY traveling with their parents! It's very obvious by the photos and your stories what a tight bond you two have! Thank you for sharing that with us. :)

I had a question about your room on the Sunshine. I've never seen fleece blankets used (at least in the last 5 years) on the ships I have been on. Did you request extra bedding or is this the blankets they are using as standard on the Sunshine?

Thank you again for all the pictures! It's a beautiful ship, I look forward to my turn on her next year! :)

Yeah I love traveling with my dad. We have the same interests and he always like to do what I want to do. We most definitely have a tight bond.

When we meet our room steward for the first time we always ask for the heavy duvet comforters to be taken off of our beds. I always get so hot with those heavy things on. So we ask our room steward to just put a fleece blanket on the bed. That's perfect for us.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review. Your time to cruise on the Sunshine will be here before you know it.

I have a question concerning the balcony. In June I have two balcony rooms next to each other, can the divider be pulled back between the two rooms?

Yes the divider can be opened so that you have a larger balcony. You will need to ask your room steward but then you will also need to go down to guest services and sign a paper saying you want it left open.

Good tip about breakfast at the Taste Bar. We encountered fog like that sailing into Mobile Bay on the old Holiday. The foghorn kept sounding every few minutes. It was quite an experience!

It was a much more relaxed eating environment than rushing around lido. The taste bar is a nice alternative.

They sounded the horn on the Sunshine quite often as well

Wow!!!! You're gonna be busy. Just returned home from the Breeze and heading out on the Sunshine tomorrow. Congrats.

I would love to hear your opinion on the two ships when you return. Have a great cruise and Enjoy the Sunshine

Ok folks that is the end of Day #1 onboard the Carnival Sunshine. Feel free to ask any and all questions

You are spoiling us! :D Have you used any Shuttle services in Port Canaveral.

I've come across Travelynx Executive Vip& Cocoa Beach Shuttle mixed reviews everywhere

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral once (December 2012). When we flew in to Orlando we rented a car from Budget but on our return trip to the airport after the cruise we used Travelynx shuttle. We would use them again. When we exited the cruise terminal there was a guy standing there with a sign. And then the bus was right there

Where do you get your cruise shirts made?! I love them and think that would be fun to do on our next cruise. :)

I ordered them from Custom Ink. You can create your own design and import a picture to put on the shirt or select one of their images.

Enjoying this part of the review since I will be on the Sunshine 2-2-14. If the incident had happened in the dining room when I was there, I would have wigged out.

How was the water in the pools and hot tubs on the ship?

I should have the review done by then so you will have a good idea of what to expect.

The only pool we got in was the Serenity pool and the water was chilly but very relaxing with no kids and the waterfall. I was surprised but the water was fresh water. That was a nice surprise

Woot woot:D I sail in 3 days and I've been anxiously awaiting to hear your thoughts and views on the Sunshine. Reading your review is making me more and more excited.

You and your dad are lucky to have each other and I am glad you both had such a great time. The elevator story makes me lol every time I think about it:)

Woot woot:D I sail in 3 days and I've been anxiously awaiting to hear your thoughts and views on the Sunshine. Reading your review is making me more and more excited.

You and your dad are lucky to have each other and I am glad you both had such a great time. The elevator story makes me lol every time I think about it:)

I'm jealous. You will have a great time on the Sunshine.

And you're so right my dad is lucky to have me.....hehe. It definitely goes both ways. He is never gonna be able to live down the elevator story.....haha.

I will be back on tomorrow to post more pics. I only work a half day tomorrow so I'll be able to get more done