Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

It's funny you say that because when we were looking at the 9-day repositioning cruise we were also looking at the 11-day on the Sunshine. At the time the 11-day was almost $700.00 more plus we would have just been on the Sunshine and we wanted to try a different ship.

Our ports on the Carnival Dream are Aruba, Ocho Rios, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. We won't get off the ship in Ocho Rios so that is like another sea day.

Dunn's River Falls was Awesome in Ocho Rios, my kiddie's enjoyed Dolphin Cove Beach as well. I loved shopping there as well.

We loved Grand Cayman my hubby got the White Hennessy for $27 super cheap. We also really enjoyed the Turtle Farm, those baby sea turtles are so adorable.

Chankanaab Park In Cozumel is where my son & daughter got their first Sea Lion and Dolphin Kiss... :eek:

I love the itinerary for your upcoming cruise. Can't wait for all your pictures:D

For Brianna, Banditswife, Xplnusa and Gon2hwe

Thank you Guys for your kind comments, I'm so glad I made you laugh.

The only thing better than laughing??..... is laughing out loud!

Banditswife, I'm doing the Mexico/ Catalina cruise not Hawaii (But Hawaii is my life time goal)

Any good restaurants in Ensenada?

Hey Gon2hwe?..... What'a ya mean no Alligators in the Gatorade????? Next you'll be telling me no meat in the meat loaf! I know I'm Irish.....but com'on.

Jo ;-)

You won't go wrong with either ship. We haven't been on the Breeze but I have only heard positive things. The ropes course on the Sunshine is a really great addition to the ship.

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review

Absolutely. I cannot believe there was no one on the serenity deck as night. I love that concept with the waterfall running into the hot tub. Kind of a grotto effect.

Edited by jesron1269

The following pictures in this post were from the area right before you head out on Lido Deck. It is a tribute to the Carnival Destiny and it shows the transformation from the Destiny to the Carnival Sunshine

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2512_zps682cd486.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2511_zps234ed98e.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2510_zps070903b8.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2509_zps83763ec5.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2508_zps99fea0aa.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2507_zps4751cebd.jpg

Be sure to check out these pictures from both the Carnival Destiny and the Carnival Sunshine

Awesome pics, Thank you. We sailed on Carnival Destiny in 1998.

Dunn's River Falls was Awesome in Ocho Rios, my kiddie's enjoyed Dolphin Cove Beach as well. I loved shopping there as well.

We loved Grand Cayman my hubby got the White Hennessy for $27 super cheap. We also really enjoyed the Turtle Farm, those baby sea turtles are so adorable.

Chankanaab Park In Cozumel is where my son & daughter got their first Sea Lion and Dolphin Kiss... :eek:

I love the itinerary for your upcoming cruise. Can't wait for all your pictures:D

Yeah the itinerary for the repositioning cruise is pretty good. 4 ports and 5 days at sea.

In Aruba our roll call is going on the Banana Bus. We are going as a group and doing the Aruba: Sun and Fun bus tour.

In Cozumel my dad and I are going to Paradise Beach. I'm super excited to swim in that pool

In Ocho Rios we are going to stay onboard the ship

In Grand Cayman we are still undecided

You sound like me in that I like to go out on deck late at night and just lay on a lounge chair, so peaceful and quiet. I enjoy it a lot. I try to catch a sunrise and sunset on each cruise I go on. Looking forward to more :)

Thank You. You're so right....the Serenity Area is so peaceful at night. It's like you have the whole ship to yourself.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review

For Brianna, Banditswife, Xplnusa and Gon2hwe

Thank you Guys for your kind comments, I'm so glad I made you laugh.

The only thing better than laughing??..... is laughing out loud!

Banditswife, I'm doing the Mexico/ Catalina cruise not Hawaii (But Hawaii is my life time goal)

Any good restaurants in Ensenada?

Hey Gon2hwe?..... What'a ya mean no Alligators in the Gatorade????? Next you'll be telling me no meat in the meat loaf! I know I'm Irish.....but com'on.

Jo ;-)

And the only thing better than laughing out loud is laughing with friends.

Absolutely. I cannot believe there was no one on the serenity deck as night. I love that concept with the waterfall running into the hot tub. Kind of a grotto effect.

Go out onto the Serenity Deck late at night. And be sure to go onto deck 12 or 14 and it will feel like you're the only person on the ship. If you do it the first night of the cruise you will find yourself going back every night to enjoy it

Awesome pics, Thank you. We sailed on Carnival Destiny in 1998.

Thank You. It was very cool to look at the pictures and see the transition from the Destiny to the Sunshine.

If you ever cruise on the Sunshine be sure to check it out

Yeah the itinerary for the repositioning cruise is pretty good. 4 ports and 5 days at sea.

In Aruba our roll call is going on the Banana Bus. We are going as a group and doing the Aruba: Sun and Fun bus tour.

In Cozumel my dad and I are going to Paradise Beach. I'm super excited to swim in that pool

In Ocho Rios we are going to stay onboard the ship

In Grand Cayman we are still undecided

In Grand Cayman you should consider the Grand Cayman Safari .. that was such a good excursion....actually the last excursion we did before Tony died .... it was raining that day we were in Grand Cayman and him and I were the only two on the Safari jeep we were it... and we had someone from America that was our driver (the big Kahuna) is what he called himself he went to Grand Cayman as a stand up comic .... the tour had 100% rating when I booked it ....and Tony had no interest in swimming with sting rays .... I was so glad we had something booked though especially since it rained the entire cruise.

In Jamaica we did we positively said we wouldn't do ....we got off the ship and walked several blocks up to where the Harley Davidson store and all is...and ended up getting in a taxi cab...the man was super nice......but we meant we weren't going to do that.....Jamaica is intimidating to me....everywhere you went people were jumping out in front of the van...and not just in town but even out in the Fern Gully .... just all kind of strange .... but beautiful

Hi Wrigley,

Absolutely love your reviews. I was on Sunshine out of Barcelona this fall and LOVED it! I do not understand the bad reviews. Serenity is lovely, both day and night and we only had trouble finding a spot on sea day. It was such a port intensive trip that we only had one sea day anyway! We especially enjoyed Serenity when we would get back on board every day.

I loved the décor of the ship and didn't notice anymore crowding than on any other ship. Sure sometimes you had to wait a few minutes for your handcooked meal from Ji Ji's, but it was so worth it! We also never had a problem finding a seat in the comedy club.

Anyway, from a fellow Chicagoan (Western Suburbs), I hope you are staying warm today!

Can't wait to read the rest of your review. We just booked a repo cruise on the Splendor in November!

Hi Wrigley,

Absolutely love your reviews. I was on Sunshine out of Barcelona this fall and LOVED it! I do not understand the bad reviews. Serenity is lovely, both day and night and we only had trouble finding a spot on sea day. It was such a port intensive trip that we only had one sea day anyway! We especially enjoyed Serenity when we would get back on board every day.

I loved the décor of the ship and didn't notice anymore crowding than on any other ship. Sure sometimes you had to wait a few minutes for your handcooked meal from Ji Ji's, but it was so worth it! We also never had a problem finding a seat in the comedy club.

Anyway, from a fellow Chicagoan (Western Suburbs), I hope you are staying warm today!

Can't wait to read the rest of your review. We just booked a repo cruise on the Splendor in November!

Super happy you have a positive review:p

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

In Grand Cayman you should consider the Grand Cayman Safari .. that was such a good excursion....actually the last excursion we did before Tony died .... it was raining that day we were in Grand Cayman and him and I were the only two on the Safari jeep we were it... and we had someone from America that was our driver (the big Kahuna) is what he called himself he went to Grand Cayman as a stand up comic .... the tour had 100% rating when I booked it ....and Tony had no interest in swimming with sting rays .... I was so glad we had something booked though especially since it rained the entire cruise.

In Jamaica we did we positively said we wouldn't do ....we got off the ship and walked several blocks up to where the Harley Davidson store and all is...and ended up getting in a taxi cab...the man was super nice......but we meant we weren't going to do that.....Jamaica is intimidating to me....everywhere you went people were jumping out in front of the van...and not just in town but even out in the Fern Gully .... just all kind of strange .... but beautiful

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of the safari in Grand Cayman. We always go to Stingray City but I would like to try out something different this time.

Did you book that through Carnival??

do you remember any of the movies they showed on the outdoor screen? Also do you know any of the television channels the Sunshine picks up? My travel partner is a TV addict :)

The only one that I remember on the big screen is Grease. We never watched anything on the big screen. But I do know that they serve popcorn at night during the movies.

The TV channels will vary depending on the itinerary. Because you will have to draw a satellite signal from a port of call. On the Sunshine in December we were able to get an NBC and a CBS channel out of St. Thomas on only 2 nights of the cruise.

Hi Wrigley,

Awwwwww thank you much. It's wonderful comments like yours why I put these photo reviews together. They are a lot of work but the the positive, friendly comments make it all worth it.

I would book the Sunshine again in a second just to enjoy the Serenity area again.

We are trying to stay warm. Right now I am under my Chicago Bears blanket watching the NBC 5 Chicago news just so that they can tell me that it's gonna be -5 below next week. Gee Thanks....I can't wait....NOT. I hate this weather

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of the safari in Grand Cayman. We always go to Stingray City but I would like to try out something different this time.

Did you book that through Carnival??

No....I was reading reviews on the Grand Cayman board and also on trip advisor and after reading the 100% rating I just contacted them and booked directly .... I think we paid when we got there or maybe at the end of the it . I have lots of pictures posted on my facebook wall of it.....it includes lunch at a local restaurant (believe me you wouldn't just know it was there) It is in someones house but we ate outside at picnic tables overlooking the ocean....this was real authentic food....and we went to the botanical gardens (don't think I have ever been to a botanical garden before) and also we went to a state owned fort or something...I really thought it would be boring but it was the total opposite....when we got there you go in and sit in this theater like thing with all kinds of things like spraying water and sound effects...and they told you about the people that use to live there....it was just really cool....and what was SO good about the safari tour .. our guide "the big Kahuna" he walked around with us after the short show and told us about everything...people on other tours at the same place weren't being told anything .. in fact they were listening to him tell us.....