Several more newbie questions :)

My big advice to new cruisers, if you do not know if you will be seasick, come prepared. I used a patch on my first cruise and although, I didn't end up needing it (took it off after 3 days), on future cruises, I definitely did need it. I have met people on their first cruises who told me they would never cruise again because they were ill. If you come prepared, you will be okay and will cruise again, and again.

The patch works well for me even during Hurricane Noel. But many options are available. Happy Cruising, everyone!

A big thank you to everyone else who responded to this - I don't know what I'd do without message boards for my vacations - especially vacations where I don't have a clue.

One more quick question I forgot - we sail April 7th. Is this considered a Spring Break cruise? I know it's 'our' spring break but it's the week before Easter so I wasn't sure what to expect crowd and kid wise. There is no Roll Call on CC for this cruise so as of now I'm thinking we have the ship to ourselves ;)

There seems to be kids off of school from Jan (college breaks), Feb (public winter breaks in NE), March (traditional spring breaks college & other schools) AND April (public schools that break for Easter week, and NE and other northern schools that break in mid April. So you can probably count on having plenty of company no matter when you travel! Luckily, we have found that Royal runs a pretty tight ship (pun intended;)) Students under 21 cannot cruise alone and kids cruising with parents or other adults can face stiff penalties for under age drinking. That doesn't mean it won't ever happen, but they do keep a close eye and if behavior gets egregious, they usually act to put a stop to it.

As for the RC- shorter cruises often don't have active RCs; there is no M&M planned by the Cruiseline for cruises less than 7 days- so no real incentive to sign up. But if you start one and others join, you can always plan an informal M&M:D