Save the Date Help/Advice

We're recently engaged and are going to be married on Carnival Pride in July 2014 in port. Even though it's really only going to be close family attending, we want to send out "save the date" info, especially for those who are traveling from out of the area.

How much info is needed on a Save the Date card? Do we need to specify WHERE (ship name/time, etc) Obviously we don't have an exact time yet but of course we all board early (I think 11am). I just am not familiar with Save the Dates and don't know how much info is needed beyond "hey this is the day we're getting married - keep it in mind!" haha Do you include registry info? (We're not even sure if we're registering anywhere.....) Or would you start a website and include the website info?

HELP! I'm feeling clueless about this save the date stuff!

THANK YOU!

We included the date, website and place. There was no need for specific information since we sent them more than a year in advance. Since we were originally going to get married on embarkation day, we did add Baltimore, Maryland under the ship's name.

Food for thought--according to the conventional rules of etiquette, registry information should never be on any announcements or invitations that comes from the couple. Modern etiquette experts say that it's ok to include it on your website (if you have one), but otherwise it should only go on your shower invites if one is thrown for you or by word of mouth.

We did create a website to keep everything organized and share information with our guests. We originally thought we'd have about 50 sailing guests, so it was handy for that. We hosted our site through ProjectWedding, so we could add online RSVP and Google Maps as an option instead of the traditional RSVP card and map insert.

This was our luggage tag STD. We borrowed the the old sail and sign card design. 11632224965_f1afa946b9_c.jpg

11632834735_fbd9909acc.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Our Save the Date we made ourselves and had the date, ship name, sail date, and website where we provided info for our travel agent, etc. The only information which has included any registry details have been shower invitations sent by the bridal party. We sent our save the dates out about 14 months in advance. Hard to believe it is almost here!

We decided to skip save-the-dates and just sent out full invites about 10 months in advance... mainly because we had already booked everything and wanted to make sure all of our cruising guests (we have about 20 cruising and 20 non-cruising guests) had the info to book their cruise far in advance so they could get the best rates. We were encouraging everyone to book with early saver, since that would allow best price guarantee up until day of the cruise.

But, we included ship name, location, date, itinerary, contact info for Carnival agent, and our website address. I would definitely recommend a website because it does make it easy to keep all the info organized. And then you can just tell people to go to the site, rather than giving everyone the same info over and over.

But, if you tell people the ship name & date, that is enough for people to start planning, researching and maybe book cruise. And it may not hurt to state length of cruise and maybe itinerary, since that may be a big factor in whether they cruise or not... even if you just say "We are getting married July XX, 2014, aboard Carnival Pride Cruise Ship, while docked in Port Canaveral, FL. The wedding will be immediately followed by an amazing (optional) 7-day Bahamas Cruise." That is really all the info that you need on the STD. I found it helpful to clarify to guests that the cruise was optional, since many aren't familiar with the cruise wedding arrangement and most first thought that they couldn't attend the wedding without also booking the cruise. So, I made sure to clarify that the cruise was not required to attend the wedding.

We preferred them to all book through our agent (most, but not all, did), to help keep everything straight, so we made sure to provide that info to everyone with the invites. But you could give them that info via the website or in person also. At this point I just send e-mail updates (or send messages to them on Facebook) to everyone when I add more important info to our website that they may need to look at.

Congrats!

We went digital!!

I immediately started looking for a (Free) Save The Date and wedding site. I found two that I liked:

http://www.paperlesspost.com/cards/c...save-the-dates

and

http://www.theknot.com

It took me a few long nights (after work), but I gathered the names and email addresses...and out they went!

Here's our Wedding Website:

http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Dwayne-and-Kelly

Dwayne

Edited by dcarter4

• 2 weeks later...
So, I'm getting married on Osprey Beach in Grand Turk during a 7/8 day cruise. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the wording for the invitations? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should probably add that the reception will take place aboard the Carnival Liberty.

• 5 months later...
We included the date, website and place. There was no need for specific information since we sent them more than a year in advance. Since we were originally going to get married on embarkation day, we did add Baltimore, Maryland under the ship's name.

Food for thought--according to the conventional rules of etiquette, registry information should never be on any announcements or invitations that comes from the couple. Modern etiquette experts say that it's ok to include it on your website (if you have one), but otherwise it should only go on your shower invites if one is thrown for you or by word of mouth.

We did create a website to keep everything organized and share information with our guests. We originally thought we'd have about 50 sailing guests, so it was handy for that. We hosted our site through ProjectWedding, so we could add online RSVP and Google Maps as an option instead of the traditional RSVP card and map insert.

This was our luggage tag STD. We borrowed the the old sail and sign card design. 11632224965_f1afa946b9_c.jpg

Carnival_Brides,

Will you email me the template you used to create STD?

lauraally5210@gmail.com

These are stunning!!! Thanks I didn't know that about the registry :-)

Carnival_Brides,

Will you email me the template you used to create STD?

lauraally5210@gmail.com

I ordered my Save The Dates immediately as soon as we got the wedding booked. I just mailed the majority out this week and once I get the addresses from the future MIL I will send those out. My plan is to send the formal invites out in October with RSVP by 01/05/15 for our 03/27/15 wedding.

I did include our wedding website on the postcard and it has the sailing details and itinerary as well as registry information.

I ordered the STD postcards on Etsy.

I just wanted to post our Save the Dates! We actually sent them with the invitations because we planned the whole thing in 3-4 months!! I put the registry info and our wedding website on our actual invitations.

These were magnetic Save the Dates :)

<a href=1387681619568_zpsa697c616.jpg' alt='1387

Edited by life_dizzy

I just wanted to post our Save the Dates! We actually sent them with the invitations because we planned the whole thing in 3-4 months!! I put the registry info and our wedding website on our actual invitations.

OMG!!! Where did you get these done? I love them!!!

I hope you don't mind, but I am TOTALLY going to be a copy cat! This is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find! Thank you for sharing!:D

I hope you don't mind, but I am TOTALLY going to be a copy cat! This is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find! Thank you for sharing!:D

Not at all!! I ordered my invitations from them too and was pretty satisfied. Easy customization, fairly fast shipping, and printing was good quality. I was highly satisfied. Also, the more you order of something, the less the cost will be.