Azura - Cabin E215

misscolina

This was the Cabin we were allocated (an upgrade from a LC grade), as we booked a Getaway fare. This Cabin is over the Playhouse Theatre and is extremely noisey. There are usually 2 shows per night 8.30 and 10.30 so it is difficult to sleep when the orchestra is playing as it also rattles the cabin walls the base is so loud, it can even be heard when you have the television on and not everyone wishes to be up until after 11.30pm even on their holidays. Also there are rehearsals each day sometimes early about 1pm but usually either 4 or 5 o'clock.

We complained to the Front desk but they said that everyone has different tollerances to noise, that being said and noted, but P&O show you the cabin views on their FAQs but they should also give the noise situation as well.

I think that most cabins on E deck (8) will suffer from noise as the aft cabins are over the Manhattan Lounge, another music venue.

We booked the same Getaway Fare and were also upgraded, in our case to E204. I had read before sailing that this was a "noisy" cabin - as you describe - and I phoned P&O to express my concerns. The lady I spoke to checked with someone else, and came back to advise me that "P&O know all the noisy cabins and this is not classified as one of them". Like you, I beg to differ on that particular point.

Isobel.