NCL Breakaway Friends of Dot meetings

Tralfie

They seem to have one listed for just about every night of every cruise, usually at 8 p.m. at Shakers. Anybody ever attended? Anybody else show up? I'm going to be on Breakaway in early March, considering swinging by one of the meetings...

Richard/Tralfie

Yes, attended on the September sailing. What info are you looking for? The number of attendees can vary widely, it's not hosted, which leaves you to go find people to talk to, and the layout of the bar is not conducive to meeting many people, unless you all stand up. There is a counter that wraps around the bar or small seating areas, which only hold 4-6 guests. There is also seating on the Waterfront section right outside the bar, which is fantastic when the weather is nice.

We also attended in September [@Attila: We were on the 09/22 sailing]. We found the group to be very friendly and diverse and Shakers was pretty busy with the FOD crowd for most nights of the sailing. People usually lingered for about an hour or two chatting and then broke off into smaller groups either to the cigar lounge, Maltings, dinner, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Canadian Male 40's . From Ottawa.

Will be cruising from NYC on the Breakaway. Feb 9

This will be my first Cruise on NCL. :p

Hoping to be able to meet up with some friendly people.

I am traveling with my Best friend, her husband and her mother...

I might need a "breakaway" of my own, LOL ;)

We were on the Breakaway in November and again this month. FOD on this last sailing was at Maltings at 7pm....it was at Shakers before. We met a lot of nice people and it was well attended every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did the Norwegian Breakaway Trans-Atlantic crossing to New York City when she was brand spanking new! The Trans-Atlantic had a huge gathering every night at Shakers Martini Bar. Given the number of passengers on the ship being less, we seemed to dominate that area every night for a few hours. All of Norwegian's Friends of Dorothy gatherings are un-hosted so you have to use your radar if the crowd is mixed. :)

I've done the FOD meetings and they vary cruise to cruise. The last one was on the Norwegian Gem. I would encourage you to attend one of the first meetings. By the time my partner and I got there late-cruise, most folks had formed friendships and would catch a drink or two and then go the the 8:30 seating, or had eaten together and were catching a drink or three before getting on with the rest of their night. Good luck and have fun!