World Cruise

lrockwitt

I want some feedback on world Cruises. Did you feel it was too long? We are thinking about booking a world cruise and am wondering what the experience was like? Oceania has one for 180 days. We feel like 6 months on a ship might be too much???? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want some feedback on world Cruises. Did you feel it was too long? We are thinking about booking a world cruise and am wondering what the experience was like? Oceania has one for 180 days. We feel like 6 months on a ship might be too much???? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking at an Oceania cruise, why are you asking here on the Princess boards?!

For me it would be way to long. I don't want to be away from my every day life that long. I would rather take more shorter cruises.

^^^This!

But, as much as we would love to make cruising our 'every day life', we could never be away from our dog that long :p

We love the little ships and we have friends who are booked on Oceania's 180 day cruise but for us, it would be just far too long on a ship that small. We have spent 35 days on the smaller ships a couple of times and I think we could go 70 days but after that I would probably start thinking about home and what I was missing.

On most of the other cruise lines, a World Cruise is around 104 days which is still a long time. You need to know if you like to spend many days at sea as with a lot of the World Cruises there are probably more days at sea than ports. Also, you need to organize so many things at home before you leave. I know that the cost of Travel Insurance for the 180 days is a huge amount and then there is the fact that if you are on medication, you will need to carry so many drugs. To me, it is a huge minefield which I am happy not to go down that path at the moment.

We would rather take more cruises of shorter duration though we also have friends that do a World Cruise every year on Cunard and love it. I think being on a larger ship could be the answer.

Jennie

We are testing the world cruise waters by doing a 51 day Grand Adventure leaving on January 20th, FLL to Tahiti. We think the shorter cruise will give us an idea of if we would still be married after a world cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did do a 49 day South American cruise on Grand Princess this past January and loved it. We felt it went by too fast, but you are right about being away from he longer than that might be tough.

I did not mean to put Oceania on Princess page. We met some people on our South American cruise that did do the 104 World Cruise on Princess and loved it.

I think doing shorter cruises might be better for us.

We are doing 29 day cruise on new Regal Princess in October and that is about how long is good for us at this time.

We are testing the world cruise waters by doing a 51 day Grand Adventure leaving on January 20th, FLL to Tahiti. We think the shorter cruise will give us an idea of if we would still be married after a world cruise.

As a single gent, I'm not in that category, but one reason I'm taking the same voyage as you (though getting off in Sydney) is to test my endurance for a world cruise on the Pacific Princess, perhaps in 2016 or 2017 (can't do the one in 2015) if it is offered then. After all, there are so many long sea stretches on the voyage we are taking ...

As a single gent, I'm not in that category, but one reason I'm taking the same voyage as you (though getting off in Sydney) is to test my endurance for a world cruise on the Pacific Princess, perhaps in 2016 or 2017 (can't do the one in 2015) if it is offered then. After all, there are so many long sea stretches on the voyage we are taking ...

We too are considering doing a world cruise in 2016 or 17. Doing Antarctica next year.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app