Contacting Maitre d

hunnibee72

We will be sailing on Jan 20th on the Splendor. We originally were 4 in one room with confirmed early dining. We took advantage of an upsell which split us into 2 rooms and now the first room still has confirmed early dining but the second room is on the waitlist. I tried calling carnival but they said we would have to go to the maître d once we board and see if we can be put at the same table again, but there was no guarantee. My question is if I contact the maître d of the ship via email do you think they will be able to help me, and do you think it is too soon to contact them being we are still 21 days out from sailing?

Thanks!

Melissa

All you should have to do is contact whoever you booked with (PCV, Agent ) and have the two bookings LINKED! That should automatically put them together in the dining room. If not, then contact the maitre'd on embarkation day. Look in the "Fun Times" or ask the customer service desk for the time, and place where dining inquiries can be made. You can attempt to e-mail the maitre'd, but it's "iffy" at best on whether you'll get an answer, or not. Try the first two letters of the ship name, + maitred @ carnival dot com. For instance, Paradise Maitred would be PAMAITRED@CARNIVAL.COM . Might work, might not, and you didn't say which ship, and there are some exceptions to the "first two letters of the ships name", but most will work. GOOD LUCK!

"SKY"

OOOPPS You DID say you were sailing of Splendor. SPMAITRED@CARNIVAL.COM

Edited by SkyMaster

Thanks for the speedy response. We did contact the person we booked with and she did link our rooms, but said that even though we were originally at the same table once our rooms were split there was no longer any room in the dining room. Makes no sense to me, I tried to explain that how could there be no more room at the table when we were already confirmed sitting there 10 minutes prior and was told there was nothing I could do except contact the maître d once we board and there was no guarantee. It has me stressing a little bit because we want to eat as a family as we do every night at home. I will try contacting the maître d via email, hopefully they can do something for me. Thanks again!