Beginners bridge on a short QE cruise?

RCCL_newbie

Hi everyone

Not sure if this forum can help here, but I understand that QE has a card room. My mum and I played a bit of bridge around 15 years ago now and would love to go to a beginners session.

Does anyone know whether this may be available on our Jan 4-night cruise to Hamburg?

Hi everyone

Not sure if this forum can help here, but I understand that QE has a card room. My mum and I played a bit of bridge around 15 years ago now and would love to go to a beginners session.

Does anyone know whether this may be available on our Jan 4-night cruise to Hamburg?

I think that it is unlikely but not impossible, there are 2 sea days on the trip so even if there is no organised class you could still play. You wouldn't want to do beginners bridge because the level would be way too low for you. They start with the suits in a pack etc.

I doubt that there would be hosted duplicate bridge as this would need a director to organise sessions. If a director has been employed and is starting before the longer world cruise there could well be bridge on the sea days. Check out the daily events sheet. Some lines have unhosted bridge organised by one of the passengers. If a time, place is set aside for this it will be listed.

Hi everyone

I have just asked DW and she is pretty shure that there will be a beginners class on every seaday. Class will start either 9am or 9.30 am.

I have just asked DW and she is pretty shure that there will be a beginners class on every seaday. Class will start either 9am or 9.30 am.

There may well be but the level that is targeted by the tutor is far too low if you have ever played any card game involving taking tricks. Intermediate classes might be more appropriate depending upon the OP's experience.

There may well be but the level that is targeted by the tutor is far too low if you have ever played any card game involving taking tricks. Intermediate classes might be more appropriate depending upon the OP's experience.

Intermediate class will be following each beginners class.