Dining Package

rinakop

At $119 a pop, I don't see a lot of people purchasing it. Platinum cruisers already get two free dinners, so the vast majority of them would never purchase it. I don't see general passengers having much interest, but if the MDR quality continues its steep dive in quality and service, maybe most will be 'forced' to purchase it.

At $119 a pop, I don't see a lot of people purchasing it. Platinum cruisers already get two free dinners, so the vast majority of them would never purchase it. I don't see general passengers having much interest, but if the MDR quality continues its steep dive in quality and service, maybe most will be 'forced' to purchase it.

I think it is a great deal, maybe because how I view it - not doing the per restaurant math. Our attitude is it is $119 added to my cruise fare, and for that I can go anywhere I want to eat. Kinda like the "good ole days" when a higher cruise fare got you great food in the MDR.

I think it is a great deal, maybe because how I view it - not doing the per restaurant math. Our attitude is it is $119 added to my cruise fare, and for that I can go anywhere I want to eat. Kinda like the "good ole days" when a higher cruise fare got you great food in the MDR.

Exactly this. I'd "Like" this so hard. :D

Even with the $119pp added to the cruise price for the week, the total is still a lot less than it was 10 years ago - before the decline of which LMB loves to remind everybody. :)

At $119 a pop, I don't see a lot of people purchasing it. Platinum cruisers already get two free dinners

Yes, platinum cruisers do and if both parties in the room are platinum cruisers that is 2 nights of free dinners in a specialty restaurant. Not to mention if anyone is a CAS player and is HOT or above will also get 2 free dinners at a specialty restaurant.

For me and my SIL who are sharing the same room that equals 4 nights for the both of us at a specialty restaurant for free.

$119.00 for the other 3 days on a 7 day cruise is not something we'd pay for.

I honestly think that when they came up with this new 'offer' they forgot about the free platinum specialty dinners they give out as well as the free specialty dinners CAS gives out.

So, for *me* this offer wouldn't work. For others.....it may.

Harriet

, ...I don't see a lot of people purchasing it. Platinum cruisers already get two free dinners, so the vast majority of them would never purchase it. I don't see general passengers having much interest,.......

I can only hope you're right!! ;)

Nothing worse then paying extra for something then it becomes overcrowded and hard to enjoy!

Hello,

We are very excited to announce a brand new dining package called the "Ultimate Dining Package." This new program replaces the previously available "Dining Trio Package."

The new package provides the opportunity for guests to experience each of our most popular specialty restaurants including Cagney’s, Le Bistro, our Italian restaurant, Moderno Churrascaria, our Asian-Fusion Restaurant and more*, at a special rate based on the length of your cruise.

Package prices are as follows:

• $59 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days.

• $119 per person during cruises of 7 days.

• $149 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days.

• $199 per person during cruises of 10 days to 15 days

• $259 per person during cruises of 16 days to 25 days

• $299 per person during cruises of 26 days to 35 days

• $349 per person during cruises of 36 days to 45 days

*Package does not apply to Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian or a la carte priced restaurants such as the Sushi Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue on the Waterfront. However, when dining in one of these venues, guests will receive a discount of 20% off of their bill. Entertainment-based dining such as Cirque shows, Second City lunches, Nickelodeon Pajama Jam, Wine Lovers Lunch, Illusionarium and Chef’s Table are also not included.

Please stay tuned for the official announcement and we hope you all enjoy the delicious food our ships have to offer!

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package.

Does that mean the upgraded items on the menu, that have an additional charge without the UDP, are included?

That was my first question--if so, makes it that much more appealing!

We have always been pretty happy with the MDR but the menus don't seem to change up enough.

Our Getaway cruise might just be the time to eat up!

Hello,

We are very excited to announce a brand new dining package called the "Ultimate Dining Package." This new program replaces the previously available "Dining Trio Package."

The new package provides the opportunity for guests to experience each of our most popular specialty restaurants including Cagney’s, Le Bistro, our Italian restaurant, Moderno Churrascaria, our Asian-Fusion Restaurant and more*, at a special rate based on the length of your cruise.

Package prices are as follows:

• $59 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days.

• $119 per person during cruises of 7 days.

• $149 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days.

• $199 per person during cruises of 10 days to 15 days

• $259 per person during cruises of 16 days to 25 days

• $299 per person during cruises of 26 days to 35 days

• $349 per person during cruises of 36 days to 45 days

*Package does not apply to Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian or a la carte priced restaurants such as the Sushi Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue on the Waterfront. However, when dining in one of these venues, guests will receive a discount of 20% off of their bill. Entertainment-based dining such as Cirque shows, Second City lunches, Nickelodeon Pajama Jam, Wine Lovers Lunch, Illusionarium and Chef’s Table are also not included.

Please stay tuned for the official announcement and we hope you all enjoy the delicious food our ships have to offer!

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

I have a couple of questions regarding your exciting new program, why was Teppanyaki not mentioned? Is it NOT included? Is it considered entertainment-based dining? Inquiring minds want to know.

If Teppanyaki is not included, the value of this package drops dramatically for me.

I haven't read this anywhere but is it safe to assume that those in Suites will be able to get room service from the premium restaurants will not have to pay the upcharge if they are on this plan? We plan to eat at each restaurant once (sans Bamboo) then do one restaurant twice (probably Cagney's) and room service another night.

I haven't read this anywhere but is it safe to assume that those in Suites will be able to get room service from the premium restaurants will not have to pay the upcharge if they are on this plan? We plan to eat at each restaurant once (sans Bamboo) then do one restaurant twice (probably Cagney's) and room service another night.

Yes, having the butler deliver the meal to your room has nothing to do with paying for the meal.

The UDP allows you to eat at specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, not just three days. So for seven nights, times $30 per restaurant, for the higher priced options, that works out to $210. So $119 sounds like a good deal.

Not for us especially since your fare includes the mdr. We normally eat at moderno once or 2x never tried the steakhouse le bistro

I have a couple of questions regarding your exciting new program, why was Teppanyaki not mentioned? Is it NOT included? Is it considered entertainment-based dining? Inquiring minds want to know.

If Teppanyaki is not included, the value of this package drops dramatically for me.

FROM THE ncl website under MYNCL

Ultimate Dining Package

Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package allows you to dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise all for one set price based on the number of days. Experience our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue on Norwegian Getaway & Norwegian Breakaway and all a la carte priced restaurants. Each person in your reservation wishing to take advantage of the Ultimate Dining Package must be added to cart separately.

Read Terms & Conditions and FAQs.

Ultimate Dining Package

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment-based dining and Chef’s Table are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. Reservations are not required however table availability will be guaranteed for Ultimate Dining Package guests with 24-hour advance reservation. The UDP does not include beverages. Child pricing remains as is for specialty dining. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q. IN WHICH VENUES WILL THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service.

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

Q. HOW CAN I MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. Once you have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package, you may make any dining reservation online under “Dining” by logging back into ncl.com/myncl. You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk or at any restaurant reservations podium.

Q. CAN I MAKE A DINING RESERVATION FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE TOGETHER WITH THOSE WHO ARE NOT PARTICIPATING?

A. Yes. Simply make your reservations at ncl.com/myncl. You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk or at any restaurant reservations podium. Applicable cover charges apply for those who have not purchased the Ultimate Dining Package.

Q. WHAT IF MY TRAVELING COMPANION DOESN’T WANT TO BUY THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE, DO THEY STILL HAVE TO PURCHASE IT?

A. No, guests staying in the same stateroom do not need to purchase the package. The Ultimate Dining Package may be purchased individually.

Q. CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

Q. HOW WILL THE RESTAURANT STAFF KNOW I HAVE PURCHASED THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. Your room keycard will be coded as well as tagged with a sticker and used for identification. The restaurant staff will request to see your room keycard for verification prior to service. So keep it handy.

Q. ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE PURCHASE PRICE?

A. No. If you wish to recognize the crew for their service, you may do so at time of service using the gratuity line on the check. Plus, a beverage gratuity of 15% will automatically be added to all beverage sales.

Q. ARE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package does not include alcohol, but we offer a wide range of beverage packages, including the Ultimate Beverage Package, Cork & Caps and Viva Vino. For more information about our beverage packages, please check out ncl.com “Gifts & More” or visit any bar onboard the ship on the first day of your cruise.

This is NCL's way to fill all the restaurants and increase profits. The fair includes meals; all come from the same kitchen, though items vary. We might go to 2 specialty restaurants on a 7 day, UPD is no "value" for us.

FROM THE ncl website under MYNCL

Ultimate Dining Package

Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package allows you to dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise all for one set price based on the number of days. Experience our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue on Norwegian Getaway & Norwegian Breakaway and all a la carte priced restaurants. Each person in your reservation wishing to take advantage of the Ultimate Dining Package must be added to cart separately.

Read Terms & Conditions and FAQs.

Ultimate Dining Package

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment-based dining and Chef’s Table are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. Reservations are not required however table availability will be guaranteed for Ultimate Dining Package guests with 24-hour advance reservation. The UDP does not include beverages. Child pricing remains as is for specialty dining. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q. IN WHICH VENUES WILL THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service.

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. Plus, you can enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

Q. HOW CAN I MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. Once you have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package, you may make any dining reservation online under “Dining” by logging back into ncl.com/myncl. You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk or at any restaurant reservations podium.

Q. CAN I MAKE A DINING RESERVATION FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE TOGETHER WITH THOSE WHO ARE NOT PARTICIPATING?

A. Yes. Simply make your reservations at ncl.com/myncl. You can also make a reservation onboard the ship by calling or visiting the Restaurant Reservations Desk or at any restaurant reservations podium. Applicable cover charges apply for those who have not purchased the Ultimate Dining Package.

Q. WHAT IF MY TRAVELING COMPANION DOESN’T WANT TO BUY THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE, DO THEY STILL HAVE TO PURCHASE IT?

A. No, guests staying in the same stateroom do not need to purchase the package. The Ultimate Dining Package may be purchased individually.

Q. CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

Q. HOW WILL THE RESTAURANT STAFF KNOW I HAVE PURCHASED THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. Your room keycard will be coded as well as tagged with a sticker and used for identification. The restaurant staff will request to see your room keycard for verification prior to service. So keep it handy.

Q. ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE PURCHASE PRICE?

A. No. If you wish to recognize the crew for their service, you may do so at time of service using the gratuity line on the check. Plus, a beverage gratuity of 15% will automatically be added to all beverage sales.

Q. ARE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package does not include alcohol, but we offer a wide range of beverage packages, including the Ultimate Beverage Package, Cork & Caps and Viva Vino. For more information about our beverage packages, please check out ncl.com “Gifts & More” or visit any bar onboard the ship on the first day of your cruise.

All that information, which I have already seen, and NCL cleverly NEVER mentions Teppanyaki. The question still stands, is Teppanyaki included or not? A very basic question but NCL conveniently doesn't answer.

I am beginning to suspect NCL might be trying a bit of deception with the language they are using.

All that information, which I have already seen, and NCL cleverly NEVER mentions Teppanyaki. The question still stands, is Teppanyaki included or not? A very basic question but NCL conveniently doesn't answer.

Is Teppanyaki a la carte priced restaurant? No? That's your answer, FAQ is very clear about this.

Is the food in the MDR so bad people are signing up for this package?

Marion

Not at all. The way I look at it is: the MDR's are like my favourite neighborhood restaurant, dependable, variety great soul food but NOT the elegant, more expensive dining rooms where we get all dressed up for and expect extremely good dishes from the melt in your mouth filet mignon to the best of best mint jelly on your tenderest lamb.

Does that sum it up for you?

Edited by B6ConMe

Hmmm why so expensive. The specialty restaurants range from $15 to $30 (not including Ocean Blue). $119 seems expensive and you could save money with separate bookings. For example if you ate 3 specialties @ $25 that would only be $75.

Am I missing something? When I read the NCL information, it seems unlimited.

Yes! You are missing 4 more nights!!

The 3 restaurant package worked well for us but, I doubt we'll get the UDP simply b/c we enjoy eating in the MDR occasionally.

On our next cruise, a 7 niter, we already have 3 free dinners and I'll probably book Moderno our first night again. So...unlikely it would be worth it for us but who knows, things change.

Yeah, 7 nights at Cagney's(7 x $30 = $210) probably not gonna happen.

Edited by B6ConMe

Is Teppanyaki a la carte priced restaurant? No? That's your answer, FAQ is very clear about this.

You cleverly didn't answer the question either. Is Teppanyaki included or not? All the information I have read from NCL does NOT give an answer either way. Would you care to answer the simple question?

But if you spoke to NCL and they told you 3, why would you believe it to be more than that? Didn't you get your info from the horse's mouth?

I just checked my cruise (sailing in 3 weeks) on line. For our sailing, they are offering the package which is good for every night if we so choose. It's a 10 night sailing and the cost is $199 pp.

I know we usually eat in the specialty restaurants quite a few times, but for us I don't think this is worth it. I think the mdr food is perfectly Ok and we do the other venues just for a change of pace and some variety. I certainly don't want to do that every night...food too rich for every night.

Edited by halos

We just purchased this dining package. We didn’t want to risk not being able to get a reservation once on board. Some of the smaller venues especially Teppanyaki only seats 70. It was also easy to make all our reservations online. We booked Cagney’s 3x’s, Le Bistro 2x’s, Moderno and yes, Teppanyaki. If we change our minds about venues or times, we can always change them once on board. Normally we never book specialty restaurants, but we thought this would be a good chance to see how they compare to the MDR.

Not at all. The way I look at it is: the MDR's are like my favourite neighborhood restaurant, dependable, variety great soul food but NOT the elegant, more expensive dining rooms where we get all dressed up for and expect extremely good dishes from the melt in your mouth filet mignon to the best of best mint jelly on your tenderest lamb.

Does that sum it up for you?

I guess I have expectations that the MDR will have excellent food and good service. This is only my second NCL cruise. I found the food on my first NCL cruise to be simply average and the service was the worst I have experienced on any cruise I have taken. So, I am back on NCL again and hope the Epic will live up to my expectations. I do agree with you - the specialty restaurants usually have what I would call superior service and are 5 star dining experiences.

Marion