Sapphire Christmas Cruise to Mexico Pictures

MTJSR

Hi all, just home from the Sapphire Christmas cruise to Mexico. In a nutshell review, the cruise was very good overall. food was standard average and the staff was excellent. Weather was fantastic the entire time. Ship was loaded to the max and near 500 kids onboard. The Sapphire absorbs very well and parenting has gotten better I suppose :D but I never once felt like any kids were out of control. Here are random pictures taken over the week, unfiltered and there may be duplicates. Enjoy!

http://s871.photobucket.com/user/mtjsr/slideshow/Mexico%202013%20Christmas%20Cruise

Edited by MTJSR

Hi all, just home from the Sapphire Christmas cruise to Mexico. In a nutshell review, the cruise was very good overall. food was standard average and the staff was excellent. Weather was fantastic the entire time. Ship was loaded to the max and near 500 kids onboard. The Sapphire absorbs very well and parenting has gotten better I suppose :D but I never once felt like any kids were out of control. Here are random pictures taken over the week, unfiltered and there may be duplicates. Enjoy!

http://s871.photobucket.com/user/mtjsr/slideshow/Mexico%202013%20Christmas%20Cruise

How did you like the ports of call? We were thinking about doing this cruise in 2015

How did you like the ports of call? We were thinking about doing this cruise in 2015

Puerto Vallerta was very nice, we were there on Christmas day and I thought everything would be closed but the opposite was true. This port is a good walk around port, we having been here before only ventured around the port area flea market and then across the street to Sam's Club. Lots of shore excursions here that you can sign up for. Port is nice, Sierra Madre mountains in the background and hotels and beaches in the foreground.

Cabo San Lucas is very nice for water activities. Next time I think I will rent a sea-do and bomb around the open bay and cool off. Weather was hot and the port area was nice, but very aggressive selling by the local tour operators made for a gauntlet style walking tour.

Ensenada is a short port stop, tours seem to focus on the local wine growing efforts. I walk the pier and call it good!

The ride both directions was very smooth, hard to tell we were on a ship. Very nice cruise, enjoy!

Edited by MTJSR

Love the pics! Thank you very much for posting those! :)

We had a great time down there on Star last year. Nice to see that Walmart fixed their sign. I laughed so hard when it just said Walma.

Love the pics! Thank you very much for posting those! :)

We had a great time down there on Star last year. Nice to see that Walmart fixed their sign. I laughed so hard when it just said Walma.

lol, glad you liked em. We only got as far as Sam's and bought a soda in the food court. Next time Walma-rt!