ERA helicpter/dog sled vs extended version?

alyxkat

Hello! Has anyone taken both the regular 2.75 hour helicopter & dog sledding tour (on the glacier) and their "newer" 4.25 extended adventure?

https://www.eraflightseeing.com/content/e1485/e2138/e2139/index_eng.html

It sounds amazing, but do you really get that much extra time on the sleds? The regular version says that you ride the sled for about 25 minutes, but does not mention distance. The extended version says you ride the sled for over 4 miles, but doesn't give a time estimate. For all i know, it's the same time/distance for both tours!

Does anybody who has taken either tour know how the dog sledding times and/or miles compare? If it's the same for both tours, i might as well book the helicopter/dog sledding in Girdwood and free up my Juneau time for whale watching! :D

Hello! Has anyone taken both the regular 2.75 hour helicopter & dog sledding tour (on the glacier) and their "newer" 4.25 extended adventure?

https://www.eraflightseeing.com/content/e1485/e2138/e2139/index_eng.html

It sounds amazing, but do you really get that much extra time on the sleds? The regular version says that you ride the sled for about 25 minutes, but does not mention distance. The extended version says you ride the sled for over 4 miles, but doesn't give a time estimate. For all i know, it's the same time/distance for both tours!

Does anybody who has taken either tour know how the dog sledding times and/or miles compare? If it's the same for both tours, i might as well book the helicopter/dog sledding in Girdwood and free up my Juneau time for whale watching! :D

Just as an FYI, you are using Era Helicopters LLC, not to be confused with Era Alaska of the Discovery Channels "Flying Wild Alaska". My middle son has flown for Era Helicopters LLC in Deadhorse, Alaska and in Cameron, Louisiana. They are real big in the oil industry. Their pilots are the best there is and are required 3,000 commercial hours before they are hired. Many tours used rookie commercial pilots that are under-paid while they try to build there hours.

Mark