Shockwave and pelican group

plunker

We will be on the Ruby with our kids Feb 10-15. First cruise for are kids who are 11 and 7. My 11 year old son keeps asking what there is to do in the kids club area. Does anyone know specifically what kinds of activities there are to do in the club? Do they just stay in that area or do they do activities in different areas of the ship? Would he be in the same area as his sister if she decided to go in there?

I haven't been on the Ruby but can comment on my experience on the Golden in Alaska. The Pelicans and Shockwaves rooms are adjacent, but the kids don't mix, for the most part. If there are a lot of kids on board, they may even sub-divide the groups. For example, when we went, the Shockwaves group was split into 8-10 and 11-12 year old groups, and during the day, the 11-12 year olds often met in the teen club. Occasionally, the Pelicans and Shockwaves groups were mixed for an evening activity, such as a movie. My daughter (12) hated it when they did that because the little ones were too disruptive and made it hard to actually watch the movie.

You can see the schedules for the Shockwaves group from our cruise here: http://s204.photobucket.com/user/cruisinmama06/library/Princess%20Patters?sort=3&page=1 Obviously the activities will be different for an Alaskan cruise, but it will give you some idea. There are also some Pelicans schedules further down on the same page from someone's Caribbean cruise on the Emerald. Hope that helps!