So torn about balcony choices on the Breeze

roohound

I have been away from cruising for awhile and I'm thinking of giving Carnival another go. I love my balconies but I'll freely admit I am a little befuzzled by Carnival's balconies. It seems like the majority of them you can't look directly down and see the water. Plus I've seen a number of people complain that some of the balconies are too close to public areas like the hot tubs.

I was considering one of the premium vista balconies, but it appears that on the sailing I'm looking at, none of the balconies have a sofa in them - and for the price they want, I'd really like a sofa :)

The cove balconies are interesting but I really do not like the idea of having the lifeboats right above me.

Anyone care to chime in about their fave balconies on the breeze? I currently have a hold on 8466 but am just not sure what I want to do.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We were on the Magic in room 10216. It was a great location. On the lido deck, so close to the food/action. Also it was far enough forward that we could look down into the water without the Promenade obstructing the view (it tapers in at the fore and aft of the ship). If you book far forward or far aft, you should have the same experience.

I am booked on Breeze for May and will be on Lido deck..a bit further up and away from noise on the promenade. I am near glass elevators and not all the way forward so I know I will not be able to look straight down to the water, but that really doesn't bother me too much as we will be up higher. I have heard many people really love the cove balcony and there are cabins (if you look at deck plan) that have a break overhead with no lifeboat. Comments on the downside is that you do not get any sun.

This will be a first for me on this class of ships, so I'll see if I like this design (promenade sticking out below) or not.

Edited by abisha

It looks like there are no balconies available on decks 9 or 10 (my preferred spot as well!) on my sailing :( Thanks for the info tho!

You should still be able to get "around" the sticking out part of the promenade if you book far forward or far aft... on any deck. Although Deck 6 balconies may not be as private even far forward or far aft... since the promenade still sticks out a little, but not as bad at the fore and aft.

I think I answered my own question :). I found the spa balconies and I think I am in love. I had originally discounted them because hubby enjoys an occasional cigar on a cruise. But he said he would be more than willing to forego smoking on the balcony once I presented all the other positives of these cabins :)