Internal Cabin Info for Oriana Cruise X402

BlueEyes65

Hello, as first time cruisers I wondered if any one can help me with some cabin information. We have been allocated an internal cabin, C - 9th deck Forward on the Oriana, as we are sailing on 17/1/14 for the first time I am a bit concerned about sea sickness as we cross the Bay of Biscay in January.

Has anyone any recommendations of a better cabin location for me before I contact P & O to request any changes ? I hear that to be on a Low deck and Midship would be better, if there is any truth in this ?

Appreciate any advise, thank you, nervous but excited 1st time cruiser

Hello, as first time cruisers I wondered if any one can help me with some cabin information. We have been allocated an internal cabin, C - 9th deck Forward on the Oriana, as we are sailing on 17/1/14 for the first time I am a bit concerned about sea sickness as we cross the Bay of Biscay in January.

Has anyone any recommendations of a better cabin location for me before I contact P & O to request any changes ? I hear that to be on a Low deck and Midship would be better, if there is any truth in this ?

Hello.Well im also on he same cruise.Sometimes you are better off on a lower deck and midships.Im on (f)deck forward.The Bay can be rough but try some sea sickness tabs or you can see the doc on board and have a jab.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Tony.

We found that inside cabin E150 (low and midship) was indeed very stable during turbulent seas, as we had been advised when booking. My husband is a very sensitive sleeper and had some of the best nights sleep ever in that cabin!

Also, an interesting point on this one is that you sleep 'Bow to Stern' rather than transverse. Don't know whether that makes a difference.

We are on this cruise too as first timers. Have stocked up with various sea sickness tablets.

We are on A deck midships, and hope it will not be too bad.

I will be easily recognisable as I will be the fat bloke with the tube of Colemans mustard.

Hi All

Seems to be a few 1st time cruisers on this cruise,us included we booked late I.e. this week and could only get an LA cabin ( obstructed view ) hope it will all be ok ?

Will certainly look out for mustard man !!

Maybe us cruise virgins should meet up for a him wag and a few G&T's

Hi All

Seems to be a few 1st time cruisers on this cruise,us included we booked late I.e. this week and could only get an LA cabin ( obstructed view ) hope it will all be ok ?

Will certainly look out for mustard man !!

Maybe us cruise virgins should meet up for a him wag and a few G&T's

Well im up for a little get together.Have to add im travelling alone as im a widower,if that's ok all.Your cabin will be fine,you wont spend that much time in it.You will a lovely cruise.

Tony.

Hi all just booked this cruise also, we normally cruise Royal Caribbean but as the y are not sailing out of Southampton this winter we thought we would try P&O again.

Just a point as regards sea sickness from what I can remember P&O charge for sickness tablets.

Just for info if anyone needs any help with the Ports of call, just ask Q and if I can I will help with answers, been to most of them a couple of times but only once to Agadir(not my favourite Port). In Most of them the Ship Docks just about in the Town and Lisbon has a good Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour which picks up from quite near to the Ship.

Hi Tom Cruizes, I like the idea of being able to see the weather forecast during the cruise but unfortunately I was unable to see the link that you mentioned ! This might be due to the lack of my I.T skills thou!

Any chance you can type out the web site address on your next Post ? Much appreciated, BlueEyes65

We have been on this ship a few times and also crossed the bay of biscay on it. We were in a low ship mid deck cabin and had no problems with sea sickness. Our first trip was on this ship and our maid told us to eat ginger biscuits before you travel and also to eat red apples on the trip.

We took Stugeron tablets and our daughter used them on another trip which was very rough and they worked. one guest spent £50 and had a jab from the doctor a small cost if you are ill.

enjoy the cruise.

Paul

Hi Tom Cruizes, I like the idea of being able to see the weather forecast during the cruise but unfortunately I was unable to see the link that you mentioned ! This might be due to the lack of my I.T skills thou!

Any chance you can type out the web site address on your next Post ? Much appreciated, BlueEyes65

Sorry about that link didnt post hopefull this time.

http://cruiseoutlook.com/build/report/776

Hi All

Further to my post regarding our trip on

Oriana on the 17 th Jan just downloaded tickets etc from P&O

We have been allocated cabin A123

We were told on booking we would have a LA restricted view midship

Any views regarding this cabin please

We are now getting vey excited about our trip

Hi All

Further to my post regarding our trip on

Oriana on the 17 th Jan just downloaded tickets etc from P&O

We have been allocated cabin A123

We were told on booking we would have a LA restricted view midship

Any views regarding this cabin please

We are now getting vey excited about our trip

Cabin A123 is fwd and under the Gym so you may get some noise from early moring training/running, doesnt look to have a restricted view though.

As regards formal nts there are 3, 1st one is listed as a Black Tie Formal, next Formal is day 5 listed as Black and White Formal, then day 7 which is a smart casual nt, is listed as a 60s-70s nt, hope this helps.

Hi hope you have a pleasant trip.

Oriana was our first cruise around the eastern med and the Bay of Biscay was a bit rough going and we had to miss our fist port of call. Our Cabin was C143

You soon get used to the movement of the ship once you get your sea legs. There was a bit of movement in the cabin but it adds to the adventure of your holiday.

One tip though is to take one of those child night lights to plug in. It will give you some light for nipping to the loo at night