Pompeii Tickets

agadora

I ran across this blog while doing some trip research: http://bloggingpompeii.blogspot.com/2013/10/ticket-sales-possible-with-credit-cards.html

It says that as of October 2013, you can now buy tickets for Pompeii online through this website: http://www.ticketone.it

I did a trial run and it looks like it's a go.

Also, they now accept credit cards on site.

Thought others who are planning future trips might be interested, since this appears to be a departure from past practice.

hi AGADORA

MANY THANKS FOR THIS INFORMATION BECAUSE IT IS MY ULTIMATE GOAL FROM THE MSC SPLENDIDA CRUISE THAT IS LEAVING FROM BARCELONA FROM 27/6/14 TO 4/7/14

ARE YOU TRAVELLING THE SAME DESTINATIONS FROM BARCELONA MARSIELLE GENOA NAPLES MESSSINA TUNISA??

I ran across this blog while doing some trip research: http://bloggingpompeii.blogspot.com/2013/10/ticket-sales-possible-with-credit-cards.html

It says that as of October 2013, you can now buy tickets for Pompeii online through this website: http://www.ticketone.it

I did a trial run and it looks like it's a go.

Also, they now accept credit cards on site.

Thought others who are planning future trips might be interested, since this appears to be a departure from past practice.

Booking online is a waste of time since, once in Pompeii you still have to queue at the ticket office to collect the tickets..

Booking online is a waste of time since, once in Pompeii you still have to queue at the ticket office to collect the tickets..

I agree. Even in the summer time (high season) the line to buy tickets was like 3-5 persons. It does not make sense to buy tickets online.

It's a convenience. You don't have to use you're Euros and worry about getting more out of an ATM. It's less Euro's to carry around. It's one more thing payed-for and taken-care-of before you go. :D

It's a convenience. You don't have to use you're Euros and worry about getting more out of an ATM. It's less Euro's to carry around. It's one more thing payed-for and taken-care-of before you go. :D

Hmmm. Not really a big issue to get euros, the ATMs are everywhere. Certainly not a 'worry' to us, anyway. And if your plans change, you are out the $$$$.

If it saved time, as when visiting the Colosseum, I could understand pre-buying.

There are ATMs everywhere, it's hardly a vast amount of Euros you're using up and you are having to give your credit card details to yet another website. I'm not paranoid about carrying out financial transactions online but I don't do it unless there is some real benefit, either financial or in terms of convenience. There's none here.

Hmmm. Not really a big issue to get euros, the ATMs are everywhere. Certainly not a 'worry' to us, anyway. And if your plans change, you are out the $$$$.

If it saved time, as when visiting the Colosseum, I could understand pre-buying.

I must agree, just inform your bank about your oversea trip, you also get a better exchange fee using certain ATM's!!