Carnival Inspiration

How is the ship, Captain and crew? Anyone cruised on Inspiration this year? Okay, how about recently?

I was on Inspiration in October and it was fine. They ship went into drydock the week after my cruise wo it should be in better condition. Not that it was in bad condition before I left. I just learned that I don't like the Fantasy class ships.

Fantasy Class ships are the oldest and smallest ships currently in the Carnival fleet. They are the ole workhorses that put Carnival on the map several years back. Great layout IMHO.

I cruised on the ELATION several times many years ago when she was doing the weekly run to the Mexican Riviera. Recently, in November, I cruised on the INSPIRATION for one of the 4-dayers on the West Coast and this Jan.26th will be on the IMAGINATION on another 4-dayer. They're fine ships that just don't have all the bells and whistles the larger newer ships have. Great bargains on many of them right now. :)

My DW and I sailed in the Inspiration in December of 2013. As always, we had a wonderful time cruising. As stated earlier in the thread, she's one of the oldest ships in the Carnival fleet and you're not going to have some of the latest attractions available to you. We really enjoyed the comedy club, main dining room (if you choose the "Your Time Dining" option, if possible, we really recommend being seated in Tanaka's section...thuroughly professional and his assistants know what they're doin as well), and just enjoying each other's company. That being said, I'm sure you'll have a great time :D

I was on it in October with Travis and I liked it. Liked it much more than the Splendor. I wish the fantasy class ships had some longer itineraries, I liked the layout just fine.

IIRC The Elation out of NOLA has some almost-week long itins. The Imagination is doing the Canal in Feb.

I was on the Inspiration in Jan, Feb and March last year. Didn't like her buffet layout as much as her sisters Elation and Paradise. Nor did I like her bathroom setup. When they pulled out the square sink and medicine cabinet they replaced it with a round sink and a narrow shelf. No storage in the bathroom at all.

Clean ship, good crew.

We like the deck plan of the Fantasy class ships. In an hour of our first cruise most of us could find almost everything onboard.

We will be sailing on her again over Valentine's day. I believe we will be the guinea pigs for the new menu.

Sadly getting to NOLA is cost prohibitive for us every time I've looked. :( I was really hoping to do either the Dream or Sunshine Repo cruse but the airfare is as much or more than the cruise itself, just can't do it...

We sailed her last month - Dec 13th. It was a 3 night and not sure if I would do a 3 night again as it was to much of a party atmosphere for me. As far as the ship goes though it was fine. Everything was in good working condition, clean, crew for the most part was very friendly especially our room stewart. The dining room staff was just OK. We had anytime dining. First two nights were good, last night was HORRIBLE - service and food. We complained and barely got a sorry... Left without even ordering dessert. Love the mongolian BBQ but I only get it on the first day for lunch. The lines are very long but I do enjoy the food there. The buffets are just OK not great but not horrible. Shows enjoyable.

Sadly getting to NOLA is cost prohibitive for us every time I've looked. :( I was really hoping to do either the Dream or Sunshine Repo cruse but the airfare is as much or more than the cruise itself, just can't do it...

The Fantasy out of Charleston and the Fascination out of Jacksonville are doing 7day cruises.

Hear you on the airfare. Went to NOLA last November and did a B2B on the Conquest.

Edited by SadieN

• 1 month later...

That was the first day of our cruise. Just click "February" on the left Blog Archive area and then you will see the entries for Catalina Island, Ensenada, Sea Day and Debarkation. Sorry about the confusion. I did not get to finish the whole thing in January. :o