Anytime or Seated Times?

luvsviola

Which dining option do you prefer?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Which dining option do you prefer?

• Early seating
    • Late seating
    • Anytime seating
    • Who eats in the dining room anyway?

With children, I did the early seating. I didn't have to worry about waiting in line (several times I had to wait 10 minutes or so when I had ATD)...my kids don't do lines well when they are hungry. It was also good for them to have a set schedule for when they could eat - their tummies tended to get hungry at the "normal" time anyway.

When it was just me and DH, we liked ATD. Some nights we were paired with other couples, some nights at a table by ourselves. We tended to eat at about the same time every evening - halfway between the two set seatings.

I tried anytime once and it wasn't right for us.

1) My DW is a vegan so we had to ask each night what they could make her as oppose to the waiter knowing what to recommend

2) I found i was going to dinner at 6 PM anyway and then had to wait on a long line

3) If I need flexibility I will just skip MDR that day.

I am still struggling with 6 pm vs ATD.

3 of our 4 port days we are in port til 6. I want to enjoy as much time as I can.

But....I have 3 small children who don't wait nicely for more than a few minutes. At least one-two of the nights they will eat with the kids club.

Realistically...how long do you wait at around 6:30/7 for ATD on Dream? Am I going to be looking at a 10-15 minute wait (this will my DH nuts as he hates waiting when the kids are being hyper)?

I am still struggling with 6 pm vs ATD.

3 of our 4 port days we are in port til 6. I want to enjoy as much time as I can.

But....I have 3 small children who don't wait nicely for more than a few minutes. At least one-two of the nights they will eat with the kids club.

Realistically...how long do you wait at around 6:30/7 for ATD on Dream? Am I going to be looking at a 10-15 minute wait (this will my DH nuts as he hates waiting when the kids are being hyper)?

The wait time will be less than a Chili's on a Friday night.. 10 mins but still, I don't think we should have to be wait to be seated in half empty room. I noticed a few cruises ago, I like having a set dinner time. I also notice if you travel will small kids, the assigned waiters seem to take good care of them.

My husband and I did Early Seating on our first cruise and we really had to force ourselves to eat our dinner since we were eating throughout the day. On our second cruise we did anytime dinning with our 1 year old and we loved it and also learn if your child is 3 and under to feed them a little snack before dinner because our little one was ready to eat and the food took a minute to come out. ANYTIME that way you'll have time to relax before dinner and catch some shows.