Contraband... hehehehe

NJKerry

Always take a designated suitcase for liquor. Usually take several beach towels to wrap around and also stick bottled water and pepsi in. The porters always comment on the weight and smile. Last cruise carried on 7 bottles of wine, no problem. Cabin stewards never care and straighten up our bar everyday. Also gives you an extra suitcase for purchases.

Be aware that Carnival regularly monitors these boards and will flag those who post their intentions to flaunt the rules!

I embark using my real name . . . I don't use "Cruzin2Paradise" :)

Wasn't an issue on my last cruise anyway. We wrapped full bottles in bubble wrap and double-ziploc-bagged them. Worked fine.

Why not just buy the alcohol on board, they have whatever you want. I recognize that drinks cost money, but....why risk having alcohol leak/erupt all over your suitcases? Your SO might be a tad angry if that happened.

On my last cruise, a bottle of cologne broke in the suitcase of a nearby passenger, you could tell evrytime they walked by the cabin!

Why not just buy the alcohol on board, they have whatever you want. I recognize that drinks cost money, but....why risk having alcohol leak/erupt all over your suitcases? Your SO might be a tad angry if that happened.

On my last cruise, a bottle of cologne broke in the suitcase of a nearby passenger, you could tell evrytime they walked by the cabin!

It's not just a money issue - usually... ;) On my past 2 cruises, even though we took a LOT of ETOH onboard, and I mean a LOT, we still managed to have a decent sized bar bill. Granted, it wasn't as much, but it was still pretty hefty.

One thing is that there are certain things that they don't have that you want. Aside from beer/liquor, I like certain types of wines, and prefer to bring them with me (I know about the wine policy). Also, I like to have a few drinks in my room while getting ready or if there are a bunch of us in there relaxing, and it is a pain in the butt to keep running up/down the stairs looking for the hooch every few minutes and then hauling it back to the room. I did ask beforehand about paying upfront for a few bottles and having them in the room, but it seems like Carnival's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and you get different answers (not just about this topic) depending who you ask.

The one thing that some people don't understand is that even though you bring booze on board, you still end up buying a lot from the ship's bars. You are not going to leave a performance/piano bar/disco/a newly found female companion/pool side (ok, I have left the pool side once or twice) and keep running all over the ship to save a few $$$. It's just not worth it. Oh, speaking about a newly found female companion(s), :D it's nice to be able go to your room and have a drink before dinner, after the clubs/ships bars close, etc. while you are in the room.

And as for the leaking in the suitcase thing - my clothes smell like that when I spill on my self anyways. Just kidding. But if you use plastic bottles, try not to open them, and put them in 2 zip-lock bags, and wrap them in towels (or just dedicate a whole suitcase to them as we did), then the chance of leakage is minimized.

Either way, it's all good......

Mine isn't a money issue... mine is a convenience issue. I like having drinks in the cabin when I am getting ready, when I am sitting on the balcony, etc. I'm not bothering with room service, and they don't serve 24/7. If they would bring me a bottle, that would be fine. I also don't care to pre-order the bottles from Carnival, as I have no idea what I'll be in the mood for :D I never risk having alcohol or anything erupt in my suitcases... I don't fly with it, it is purchased right before getting on the ship, packed very cautiously... I travel quite frequently and can pack pretty well. Regardless of what or how much I bring with me, I average around $150/day on my bar bill. So it's not a money issue... some just like the convenience of a setup in the cabin... one of their choosing.

Liquor is easy, its smuggling on your blender and extension cord so you can run it poolside that is a bit difficult :)

You know what's funny? On the last cruise that I took, I put a large stainless steel blender with a spigot in my luggage on top of 6L of "bottled water" and it got up to my room without any problems. I just left it on the counter in the room without any problems. Forgot the extension cord though. ;)

After reading about all of the adventure, espionage, planning, and fear of breakage, just to smuggle on a little booze, it all sounded like way too much trouble to me! I called the Bon Voyage department yesterday morning, ordered a liter of Malibu and Grey Goose to be delivered to my room (and a dozen roses for good measure :) ). I did forget to order Scotch, have to do that tomorrow.

I found some cute little bottles of Tarantula margaritas.....8 oz. I think. I put a couple in with my make-up, stuck a couple inside shoes, a few more in my carry-on, a couple in hubby's sport coat pockets. I had them stashed all over the place!! BUT I never had to call room service and wait an hour for my 'before dinner drink.'

Marcia

Be aware that Carnival regularly monitors these boards and will flag those who post their intentions to flaunt the rules!

That's preposterous ! !

As if Carnival doesn't have enough to do on embarkation day in just a few hours, they have to assign a committee or someone to go down the list of screen names guessing who they may be and deny boarding and search luggage based on the alleged contents because of their cruise board comments. :rolleyes:

Now what we should concentrate on, is the brutal torturing of space aliens at Area 51. :D

Everyone takes a water bottle with them when they leave the ship to go on tours etc. Enjoy your water but don't come back empty-refill it with the beverage of your choice. No you can't take it into a bar with you and if they see you pouring it into your coke around the pool they might get miffed but be discreet and you will be fine. You are given your duty free you bought the night before you dock so you can open this too. They had Kronenburg (spelling??) for I think 50cents a can in Martinique(duty free right next to the ship) so everyone was coming back with 3-4 cans and they didn't say anything. Hope this helps MD

for beer you can neatly open one or two of those 12 pk fridge boxes..replace with beer cans and glue box closed....******also ...{my best kept secret so shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!} i take a real bottle of vodka and empty it into a water bottle...then fill the vodka bottle back up with water and bring it also...they opened up my carry on and took the " vodka " bottle and said i would get it back at the end...he he he...{they have smelled my water bottles in the past and have been busted but if they see a bottle of vodka they do not think twice about the water next to it}....they even brought it to my cabin at the end......a vodka bottle filled with water... it was so funny....meanwhile i had my vodka in the water bottle the whole time..

The other couple I am cruising with are Beer people. I sent them an e-mail in regards to your 12 pk solution! Very smart! I on the other hand will be feel the "captain" in me so my shampoo and conditioners and mouthwash and any other bottle that I can lay my hands on will be all full!

also going to experiment on the wine bottles and champagne bottles that have screw tops or plastic corks and tin foil wrapped on them. Just need to bring one of those neat little cork things you can buy at the store to re-cork it. Alcohol inside won't go flat like bubbly! I'll let you know how that goes. :D

I called the Bon Voyage department yesterday morning' date=' ordered a liter of Malibu and Grey Goose to be delivered to my room (and a dozen roses for good measure :) ).

I'll have to check into that. Can you share the bottle size and price for the Malibu and the Grey Goose?

A friend of mine is going on a Carnival cruise for her honeymoon a few months from now, and I want to have a bottle of Mezcal (Like Tequila, but wit the worm in) delivered to their room through "Bon Voyage" ;)

I'll have to check into that. Can you share the bottle size and price for the Malibu and the Grey Goose?

A friend of mine is going on a Carnival cruise for her honeymoon a few months from now, and I want to have a bottle of Mezcal (Like Tequila, but wit the worm in) delivered to their room through "Bon Voyage" ;)

Prices aren't good, but not as bad as room service in most hotels. The Malibu was the only one I had a problem with at $55/liter, but it's the only one that my wife will drink. Grey Goose was $55/liter. Absolut was $40/liter. Everything I asked for, they had available. I'm assuming they carry the same inventory that they use to stock the bars on the ship.

You can't order it through the website like Wine, you have to call up and speak to a live person (M-F, 9-5:30 EST). She asked for my booking number when I called. Also ordered a dozen red roses while I was on the phone to surprise the wife. :)

no problem there texas, just ask your room steward. they always give me one of those little carnival corkscrews. i left it on the table in the room the last day and he asked if i wanted it..i said i was all packed all ready and to leave it for the next guests..

:D sorry, when I said cork thing, I meant the ones that go in place of the real cork, in other words, when the plastic cork comes off, instead of fighting the stupid thing back on, they have these neat little corks you replace them with. I don't mind fighting the Plastic Champaign cork once, to replace the bubbly with rum, but I don't wish to fight it every day.

I'll let you know if the thing works as i experiment with ways to sneak my Rum. :D

Hmmm... don't like the sound of that! Going on an NCL cruise 2/2/06 (only a Disney cruise under my belt before and I didn't drink at all with the sisters children in tow.) I'm toying with several of the suggestions tossed around. Frankly, I wish I could just buy an overpriced bottle onboard, get charged exhorbitant fees at the minibar, but neither are options on the Dawn.

I just got off of the NCL Sun recently. You can buy an overpriced bottle (either $40 or $55 plus a $3 "fee"), but only in advance of your sailing. I've lost the phone number, but there are several threads on the NCL messages that have it posted. I bought a bottle of Bacardi in advance. I also had 20 miniatures and another litre in my checked luggage.:D

i take a real bottle of vodka and empty it into a water bottle...then fill the vodka bottle back up with water and bring it also...they opened up my carry on and took the " vodka " bottle and said i would get it back at the end

I love your "style"!;):cool:

Archived