Please tell me about the Victory!

mimxmom

We were on the Liberty last year for spring break and will be on the Victory this year. I know that it does not have the 2.0 upgrades but what does it have for dining options? A deli? Burrito place? Do they have the older style souvenir glasses or the new ones? Please tell me any all all pertinent info :-)

Hi... it has the deli, grill etc... no steak house. basically all the "regular, free" options. I have seen a couple of reviews with older style DOD glasses. I dont believe the ships are getting the new ones until they are 2.0 .

We really enjoyed the ship and are excited to be on her again in a month:)

It is a nice ship. We went on her earlier this year. She is bigger than the Paradise, but we thought the food was better on the Paradise. the Mongolian Wok is in an awkward place, but it is there. You can go out behind the buffet and find another bar, pool, and hot tubs. There is also a big chess set there.

We were not impressed with the kids clubs. There wasn't enough for 10/11 year olds to do.

The lobby is beautiful. DH and I spent a lot of time there playing cards, having a couple of drinks, and listening to music.

We enjoyed her enough to book another cruise with Carnival. We prefer the Paradise (almost same itinerary) because of the times that ship is in Cozumel (better for Mr. Sanchos' operating hours) and because she is usually a lot cheaper.

I would sail Victory again if the Paradise wasn't available.

I loved this ship. The Atrium was beautiful and one of our favorite places to hang out. The decor was beautiful, ornate but not over the top. When the main pool area got too crowded, I always went and grabbed a slice of pizza and hung out by the quieter pool. In July she still had the old souvenir glasses for the DOD. Wonderful ship!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app