What to do in Belize and Isla Roatan?

DispatchJess

In Belize My wife and I did the cave tubing tour. It was interesting and vary laid back relaxing tour. However yo do have to walk and carry your tube to the river. I think it was maybe a 20 minute walk. You would need to make sure the seniors are up for that.

In Isla Roatan we did the dolphin swim and snorkel. This may cost a little more than what you want to spend but it was our favorite excursion. I had no interest in this excursion at all and only booked it because of my wife but it ended up being the best one of our trip.

Did you book your cave tubing thru the ship? Also, was the swim with the dolphins long enough?

Did you book your cave tubing thru the ship? Also, was the swim with the dolphins long enough?

Im not the person you asked but will try to answer for you .When you book outside the ship excursions you do not need the ok from the ship to do them ,you just need a company that many of us have used over the years with a good reputation.You may want to check out both cavetubing dot com and dot biz rather than pay more money through the ship for a less personal excursion :)

• 1 month later...
We did this Carnival tour on our trip to Belize and LOVED it!!!! Highly recommend. One of the best tours I've ever been on. You see a lot of the countryside on the ride to the ruins and the ruins were wonderful. Lunch was included as part of the package and was really good. Wouldn't have missed it.

In Roatan I did a beach day at Tabayana while my DH did the snuba tour. I loved Tabayana.....beautiful and relaxing. DH wasn't so crazy about the snuba. Said he enjoys just snorkeling a lot better as he didn't like having to deal with the snuba air hose.

Which ruins did you go to in Belize?

I was with a group of 14 in Roatan. We had a driver from Victor Boddan drive us all over in the morning and then had day passes for 10 dollars a person at Mayan princess resort at West bay beach. So for basically $35 a person - ($25 pp for driver and $10 for day pass) had a GREAT day. A few of us hired a snorkel boat to take us out when at West bay for like 15 bucks a person and banana boat ride was $5 a person. Everyone had a great day, I was glad to have a reserved chair and umbrella at the beach. yeah! Roatan is now my favorite - I will be there again in just about 2 weeks!

We also did the cave tubing in Belize with VIV. We didn't have to carry our own tubes. There are lots of reviews available on the forums about the different companies.

In Roatan we also did a custom tour with Victor Bodden. It was great! We went to the butterfly farm and then to a private beach with cost $10 per person. Unfortunately it was too windy to snorkel.

Good luck!