Snorkeling in Carlisle Bay

caribbeancruising5

Hi- We will be in Barbados on a cruise soon and we are wondering if there is a far swim to good snorkeling in Carlisle Bay. We would absolutely love to snorkel and swim with the turtles. Also is it a far swim to where the shipwrecks are? Thank You!!

Hi- We will be in Barbados on a cruise soon and we are wondering if there is a far swim to good snorkeling in Carlisle Bay. We would absolutely love to snorkel and swim with the turtles. Also is it a far swim to where the shipwrecks are? Thank You!!

A confident swimmer could easily swim to one of the wrecks in the bay BUT and let me emphasize the BUT. There are A LOT of boats going to and from the pier to the bay and from the beach to the bay to take peorple to snorkel as well. I would not recommend swimming out that far because of that aspect.

So yes you can swim to one of the wrecks, but I wouldn't do it. If your on the beach there are always "local" guides who will take you out there for a very reasonable rate. Not nearly as much if you were to find someone straight off the dock.

A confident swimmer could easily swim to one of the wrecks in the bay BUT and let me emphasize the BUT. There are A LOT of boats going to and from the pier to the bay and from the beach to the bay to take peorple to snorkel as well. I would not recommend swimming out that far because of that aspect.

So yes you can swim to one of the wrecks, but I wouldn't do it. If your on the beach there are always "local" guides who will take you out there for a very reasonable rate. Not nearly as much if you were to find someone straight off the dock.

Thank You, do you have any idea of how much that will cost? We only want to go snorkeling for about an hour and we have our own snorkeling equipment.

Thank You, do you have any idea of how much that will cost? We only want to go snorkeling for about an hour and we have our own snorkeling equipment.

Most will start higher but will accept lower when you haggle. I would say about 20.00 U.S. for both of you.

Remember though in Barbados a lot of people will tell you the price in Barbadian Dollars which is half a American dollar. They hope you will just agree and give them the whole amount.

Always ask if they mean U.S. or Barbadian. A taxi to Carlisle Bay should be no never cost you more then 15.00 for two people and that is including a generous tip.