Confused on cabin selections

puzzums

I am trying to decipher the confusing deck plans on the Divina. I know I want to be on Deck 9, 10, 11 or 12. My first choice would be an Aurea Suite With Balcony, second choice Aurea Suite Panoramic, third choice Upper Balcony Stateroom. I am confused as to how to tell which is a balcony Aurea and which is Panoramic.

Can someone please offer an opinion as to which cabin number (s) is the best choice for all three categories of rooms? If I'm going to pay the prices for these rooms I would like to be sure I'm not getting an obstructed view, or be overlooking lifeboats, etc.

Thanks all!

I am trying to decipher the confusing deck plans on the Divina. I know I want to be on Deck 9, 10, 11 or 12. My first choice would be an Aurea Suite With Balcony, second choice Aurea Suite Panoramic, third choice Upper Balcony Stateroom. I am confused as to how to tell which is a balcony Aurea and which is Panoramic.

Can someone please offer an opinion as to which cabin number (s) is the best choice for all three categories of rooms? If I'm going to pay the prices for these rooms I would like to be sure I'm not getting an obstructed view, or be overlooking lifeboats, etc.

Thanks all!

Here is a logo from an old deck plan which shows the symbols for panoramic window (dot in a rectangle) and Balcony (two rectangles side by side). Although they appear to not be using he symbol for balconies anymore, so you can assume if it doesn't have a dot in a rectangle it has a balcony.

THe suites ( non YC) with a balcony are 11009/11010; 10007/10008 ; 9009/9010 these are the cabins which fit your first chioce preference.

Prez1.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...

I just bunped a thread that talks about room 9009 and shows pics of the balcony, which in my mind looks rather disapointing. There is also a thread that shows the panoramic window view, which also, imo, left something to be desired.

You are in great hands with skier 52 as he has better info than msc has about their ships.

Thanks all!

In a fuller answer to your final question

1) Aurea Balcony Suites

They all have disappointing balconies other than that there is not much difference between the other than height above the sea

Aurea Suite balcony

1185451_10201906926262868_1304486682_n.jpg

2) Aurea Panoramic window suites

They all have a a metal "wind deflector" cover the view from the lower portion of the window. You can see the wind delfectors in the image below.

divinafront.jpg

3) Balcony cabins

Deck 14's overhang affects many cabins on deck 13 and 12 and to a lesser extent deck 11. These is most pronounced on the eccesed parts of the ship.

The most sought after cabins are those on decks 10 and 11 on the stern as they have very large balconies , but come with a warning about water falling from the infinity pool and window washing operations on decks 14 and above

How the overhang affects some cabin's balconies

12040.jpg

Pete

Thanks! I am booking today and this information will definitely help.

In a fuller answer to your final question

1) Aurea Balcony Suites

They all have disappointing balconies other than that there is not much difference between the other than height above the sea

Aurea Suite balcony

1185451_10201906926262868_1304486682_n.jpg

2) Aurea Panoramic window suites

They all have a a metal "wind deflector" cover the view from the lower portion of the window. You can see the wind delfectors in the image below.

divinafront.jpg

3) Balcony cabins

Deck 14's overhang affects many cabins on deck 13 and 12 and to a lesser extent deck 11. These is most pronounced on the eccesed parts of the ship.

The most sought after cabins are those on decks 10 and 11 on the stern as they have very large balconies , but come with a warning about water falling from the infinity pool and window washing operations on decks 14 and above

How the overhang affects some cabin's balconies

12040.jpg

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I just found out that the cabin 11201 on msc divina is very small with no chair or sofa and a tiny balcony. There were absolutely no pictures to warn of this. When I clicked on Cat 6 balcony images on the msc website it showed a cabin with a sofa. I happen to find out by accident after someone posted their pic on here. I would have gladly paid the few extra dollars to upgrade at the time I paid in full had I know. However the prices have gone up so much since then and it makes an upgrade impossible.:( Can anyone tell me if there is some perk to being in this cabin which is port side I believe? I sail next month and am really in tears about this because it's my anniversary trip and I showed my husbands pics of a much nicer cabin. I feel duped.

A Standard balcony

A typical Standard Balcony on Divina

(viewed from both ends)

P1020627.jpg

P1020628.jpg

Pete

Skier55-

Any idea how big the balcony is on either stateroom 12243 or 12220? Any picture(s) please? :confused:

Thank you!!!!

Hello. I just found out that the cabin 11201 on msc divina is very small with no chair or sofa and a tiny balcony. There were absolutely no pictures to warn of this. When I clicked on Cat 6 balcony images on the msc website it showed a cabin with a sofa. I happen to find out by accident after someone posted their pic on here. I would have gladly paid the few extra dollars to upgrade at the time I paid in full had I know. However the prices have gone up so much since then and it makes an upgrade impossible.:( Can anyone tell me if there is some perk to being in this cabin which is port side I believe? I sail next month and am really in tears about this because it's my anniversary trip and I showed my husbands pics of a much nicer cabin. I feel duped.

Its because you didnt look at the deck plans which clearly shows that is the small room and balcony as compared to room 11293. You have to look at other deck plans, sorry we are not allowed to name them due to CC rules.

Skier55-

Any idea how big the balcony is on either stateroom 12243 or 12220? Any picture(s) please? :confused:

Thank you!!!!

Here is an image I found of one of the "corner" Larger balconies. I'm not sure if it is the larger of the two balconies ie the ones you are questioning or the cabin next door eg 12241 or 12218.

This should give you an idea of the size

Somewhere on the forum (and I haven't found it yet) is an image which is definitely the larger of the two corner balconies.

I'll continue searching for you

stateroom_100075_balcony_at_marittima_fed_325_ea032282.jpg

Here's where it is on the ship 2nd row of balconies down is deck 12

cornercabin.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here is an image I found of one of the "corner" Larger balconies. I'm not sure if it is the larger of the two balconies ie the ones you are questioning or the cabin next door eg 12241 or 12218.

This should give you an idea of the size

Somewhere on the forum (and I haven't found it yet) is an image which is definitely the larger of the two corner balconies.

I'll continue searching for you

stateroom_100075_balcony_at_marittima_fed_325_ea032282.jpg

Here's where it is on the ship 2nd row of balconies down is deck 12

cornercabin.jpg

Pete

Skier52-

it would be the cabin next to the bulkhead. Seems like a large balcony!

Thank you for posting the picture(s)!

Skier55-

Thank you!!!!

AS promised Ive found and created a still image of the large corner balconies

Here is a screen dump from a video which shows the size of the "corner" balconies on the Fantasia class ships

The balconies on Divina no's. 13049; 13052; 13193; 13196; 12093; 12078; 12243; 12220; 11101; 11084; 11259; 11224; 10087; 10080; 10233; 10220; 9085; 9088; 9227; 9228 are all the same as this

cornerbalcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

AS promised Ive found and created a still image of the large corner balconies

Here is a screen dump from a video which shows the size of the "corner" balconies on the Fantasia class ships

The balconies on Divina no's. 13049; 13052; 13193; 13196; 12093; 12078; 12243; 12220; 11101; 11084; 11259; 11224; 10087; 10080; 10233; 10220; 9085; 9088; 9227; 9228 are all the same as this

cornerbalcony.jpg

Pete

Skier52-

Thanks for the picture!!! I think I made the right choice going with this cabin/balcony category. Hope to request a lounge chair or two to enjoy balcony while at sea.

Regards

• 2 months later...
Skier52-

Thanks for the picture!!! I think I made the right choice going with this cabin/balcony category. Hope to request a lounge chair or two to enjoy balcony while at sea.

Regards

I'm wondering if you booked a corner balcony and how you liked it. MSC changed my cabin to a corner balcony! The size looks great from these pics, but with the bulkhead next to you, limited views.

Thanks!