Royal Princess Mini-Suite Question

bassmaster150

OK, this will be our first time on Royal Princess for a Scandanavia and Russia cruise in August. I know there are a few who posted concerns on the boards regarding cabin location especially with the sky walk and uncovered cabins, etc. For those of you who have booked mini-suites on the RP, a few questions:

1. Where is the best location on the ship to book these

2. Do any have covered balconies

3. Any spots to avoid

4. Does RP have access to forward decks like on Carnival ships? if so, what decks have these.

Thanks

OK, this will be our first time on Royal Princess for a Scandanavia and Russia cruise in August. I know there are a few who posted concerns on the boards regarding cabin location especially with the sky walk and uncovered cabins, etc. For those of you who have booked mini-suites on the RP, a few questions:

3. Any spots to avoid

4. Does RP have access to forward decks like on Carnival ships? if so, what decks have these.

Thanks

We had a mini suite midship for the TA crossing. Loved the cabin, but I think I would most likely go aft if I were to sail on her again. There are no stairs midship, which translates into a challenge to get an elevator that is not crowded.

ALL balconies are covered on the Royal. They are also very small.

I was on the Royal a couple of weeks ago and from my "investigation," it appears the forward Lido deck mini-suites were in the "best" location. Very, very quiet and convenient to almost everything. That's where my next cabin is. Given reports, I would avoid the aft cabins due to soot. Most if not all have covered balconies (not counting some aft suites, etc.). No forward access unless you're booked in one of the forward facing Lido or Marina deck cabins.

3. Any spots to avoid

Thanks

The extended balcony mini-suite offers a much larger balcony. The first extended balcony facing forward and the last extended balcony facing aft have fewer privacy problems with the SeaWalk, and a lower deck provides more private than a higher one. No midship stairs was inconvenient, but manageable.

Enjoy your cruise.

We had been cruising on the Royal Princess twice .

First we booked a Mini Suite Cabin R520 midships.

and now in December we booked a Suite Fiji C101 .

The balconies always where very small :eek:...but the ship is absolutly amazing.

The balconies always where very small :eek:...but the ship is absolutly amazing.

Thank you for the detailed videos. I find it odd that a full suite has a loveseat vs. a full size sofa. :confused:

Thank you for posting your videos. Love your Rimowa luggage :)

We were in Baja 416 on the Royal TA with a large angled balcony midship. We loved the location and since we were on the port side and under the Seaview Bar, privacy was not as much of an issue. If you like a larger balcony, book one of the midship angled balconies--the largest balconies are 72 sq feet and the next size down is 54 sq feet, but make sure you check because some of the midship minisuites have smaller balconies. We did not have a problem with using the midship elevators or walking forward or aft when we wanted to take the stairs. I would stay away from starboard side minis on either Riveria, Marina or Aloha decks due to privacy concerns.

Have a great time.

Will be interested in following this thread.

Not so sure we will be able to get the mini-suite location we want for Jan 2015.

Because of other issues, we won't be able to book until this February. We'll be on for 20 days so do like the extra space of the mini-suite. We like having a balcony but seldom use it so space there is not important.

Our long time TA thinks we would probably be all right with a Deluxe Balcony cabin.

Once again, interested in following this thread.

LuLu

~~~~