Gluten Free Children sailing on Liberty of Seas

Looking forward to the pizza in Sorrentos. I also hear they have GF cupcakes at the cupcake cupboard but not sure if you have to order in advance. What about room service, ie a burger bun?

Yes, you need to order cup cakes in advance. I think they tell you 24 hours notice. Not sure about room service, but I'd be cautious of that.

I'm subscribing. My dd, age 26, was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago with Celiacs. It's a miracle I didn't kill her as a child. I'm a baker, so flour was a regular part of her diet. We'll be on Allure in a year. I want to gather as much info. as I can for her. I want to do what I can to make her cruise wonderful. Thank you for your time concerning this subject.

Please let us know how the cruise goes for your kids....I am celiac and going on the Liberty in February.:D

Would be glad to tell u but we do not go until March 6. So, would you be kind enough to give us any important things that might make the trip less stressful for the children...For ex. I know not to take them to the buffet..Its too upsetting to them to see all the stuff they cannot have..not the same as adults. Also want to know if they make gluten and flax free cupcakes.

So far royal carib has been very forthcoming. Did u make out a special needs sheet? If not, its amazing and they called me back right away with all the info. I would say its superior...but still for kids it will be a hard adjustment ...so would appreciate any input. thanks.

Would be glad to tell u but we do not go until March 6. So, would you be kind enough to give us any important things that might make the trip less stressful for the children...For ex. I know not to take them to the buffet..Its too upsetting to them to see all the stuff they cannot have..not the same as adults. Also want to know if they make gluten and flax free cupcakes.

So far royal carib has been very forthcoming. Did u make out a special needs sheet? If not, its amazing and they called me back right away with all the info. I would say its superior...but still for kids it will be a hard adjustment ...so would appreciate any input. thanks.

You can get GF cupcakes from the cupcake cupboard to order. They are delicious!

IMG_1453.jpg

We are cruising same time and ship as bocaraton, 1 celiac. So maybe that is the thing to do, if you are celiac/gluten free and were thinking of cruising join us on Liberty, March 6-10. If special needs knows there are 20 or 30 GF people on board perhaps there will be more treats and choices!, or perhaps a case of cider for those who need it and can't drink beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are cruising same time and ship as bocaraton, 1 celiac. So maybe that is the thing to do, if you are celiac/gluten free and were thinking of cruising join us on Liberty, March 6-10. If special needs knows there are 20 or 30 GF people on board perhaps there will be more treats and choices!, or perhaps a case of cider for those who need it and can't drink beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi: The people sailing with us are three children all gluten free and 1 adult also gluten free. Please fill out the special needs form..Your travel agent or ship will provide one. Once u send it in, they reply within days. One child is also highly allergic to flax. I am still trying to find out if there is flax in their cupcake dough. know its a small thing but kids would love it. Grandma (that is I) cannot wait to see their smiles. If there are enough of us maybe they will give us a gluten free little party as a special treat. Royal Carib very accomodating but needs to know in advance. if we ask special needs to keep a list of our names and rooms we can connect. Are there any other gluten free type 1 diabetic children on this sailing that anyone knows of?

What we DO NOT want is to be placed all together in the dining room. Royal Carib does not do this. That would be awful...Children do not want to be singled out. They want to have their food served along with others just like everyone else in the dining room not in a gluten free area. OH no.

I just filled out the special needs form....I didn't know about that! Thank you for the info....that's great! I will let you know about my experience when I get back. This is my first cruise GF....I travel a lot, but always have access to a grocery store, so this should be an interesting trip. I am planning on bringing some snacks along so I won't starve. I'm most concerned about lunch....main dining room is only open from 12-1 for lunch, and I am kind of a late riser, so I would proabably just be fininshing up breakfast by then! I am sure a I can scrounge up something! I am definetly going to get the GF pizza at Sorrento's. And if I remember correctly, they have olives and cheese there too....I can munch on those!! :p

I just filled out the special needs form....I didn't know about that! Thank you for the info....that's great! I will let you know about my experience when I get back. This is my first cruise GF....I travel a lot, but always have access to a grocery store, so this should be an interesting trip. I am planning on bringing some snacks along so I won't starve. I'm most concerned about lunch....main dining room is only open from 12-1 for lunch, and I am kind of a late riser, so I would proabably just be fininshing up breakfast by then! I am sure a I can scrounge up something! I am definetly going to get the GF pizza at Sorrento's. And if I remember correctly, they have olives and cheese there too....I can munch on those!! :p

MDR is only open for lunch on a sea day. Up to 230pm in my recollection and previous Compasses....

Aren't all children gluten-free? I've never seen one come with a bun or anything. Maybe a librarian, they love buns, but never children.

;)

No buns just biscuits.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks so much. looking forward to hearing from you. could u please ask in the cupcake shop if there is one--I think there is--if their gluten free cupcakes which the kids will make..have any flax in the flour if so, we will bring some flour...also i will bring sprinkles or whatever for gluten free. not all sprinkles are are these children have enough issues between type 1 diabetes and celiac. We just want them to have fun. Thanks a load.

my email: themayblums@yahoo.com

glad u can smile about children being gluten free ...and I do see the humor of it. but living with it is no joke when your kid cries because he cannot eat the bday cake at his friends party and you forgot to bring the one u make specially to avert the tears.

I will try to remember to ask what is in the GF cupcake flour or get a label to take a picture for you. I think I will bring a pack of Joy GF ice cream cones so I can get ice cream by the pool... Assuming it's GF.

Norbert's Niece or others - where can I find the Udi's individually wrapped cookies on board?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

We are sailing in November and would love to hear from those who have recently sailed regarding their gluten free experience. My 8 yo DD requires a GF diet and would love to hear how others have made out during their travels. Thanks in advance.

I will try to remember to ask what is in the GF cupcake flour or get a label to take a picture for you. I think I will bring a pack of Joy GF ice cream cones so I can get ice cream by the pool... Assuming it's GF.

Norbert's Niece or others - where can I find the Udi's individually wrapped cookies on board?

I got them at Cafe Promenade..... sorry for the late reply.... only just saw this...

travelled with 3 gluten free children and 1 gf adult...go to each maitre d when boarding. they are fabulous..we told johnny rockets day before and they had gf buns waiting and even scrubbed out one of their machines. main dining room has gluten free area in kitchen where food is prepared!

Just bring the cones on board and snax and cold cereals if you need. We went thru 4 boxes. They must have a deal with Kellog so no cold cereals were gf. All else was perfect. Kids had the greatest time.

I appreciate the feedback. We are in Boca Raton also and very new to the GF lifestyle. I would love to know any local places you have found that are GF friendly.

Its a very hard adjustment. I know there is a pizzeria on Federal hwy. You can call ahead and they make it for you..I will think of some names and send them to you. You might google gluten free restaurants and see what you find. PF Chang is gluten free. Outback has a gluten free menu...but check it out before you go.

There are so many more choices now when you shop...gluten free cereal, pasta...my son makes weekly gluten free challah rolls for the children and gluten free bread for schooThey live in New Rochelle and the school (Solomon Schechter) is very very cooperative.

Anyway there is also a glute free fair in West Palm I think..they have vendors there that show everything available.

You can order gluten free cones for ice cream...Going out used to be a problem but the solution is 100 percent beef hambrgrs...bring your own rolls. and french fries...but there is some cross contamination.

If you are going on the cruise enjoy it...

you can always private message me. thanks.