Tell me about the Ropes course

IResQU

We haven't done it on the Sunshine, but we have done it on the Magic. It was a lot of fun. But it was more intimidating to us than a regular ropes course. Being on the ship makes it seem much higher than it actually is.

The ropes course was great! There are two different courses: hard and harder. If it's not too busy, staff will let you go around the course twice. The kids who were doing it did much better than us adults, but if for whatever reason your kids get scared up there, they will send a staff member to help them across the more difficult parts.

Be sure your kids have on closed-toe shoes and are completely dry-no wet bathing suits. It does have limited hours so you may want to try it as soon as you get on the ship. Here are a few pictures of me hanging on for dear life!

928.jpg

926.jpg

924-1.jpg

920-1.jpg

I did it. I'm the kid who cried at sea world when they had one at the kids activity area as a kid. I got stuck on the harder one and it was a breeze. I helped a kid move his harness a few times on the line bc he couldn't reach it.

It is quite hard I will agree, my 13 year old son loved it but my 10 year old daughter struggled and had to be helped round by one of the staff. Safe to say she only went on it once.

It does feel much higher than it is due to the height of the ship which is either intimidating or exciting depending on your constitution!

P1000293.JPG

P1000297.JPG

Thanks SOOOOO much! I am surprised that there are not more pics on the carnival website! I knew I could find some info from you guys!

Thanks again!

Shan

No problem! Your kids will love it...and you will too if you give it a try!

We are getting read to book the Breeze for our next cruise pretty much so I can go on the ropes course again, now that I'm so brave! ;)

My DD7 did it with no problem. However, I was worried like crazy for her. Actually she did better than I did. She went through it multiple times. It is intimidating as others have stated, BUT FUN!