What exactly is allowed?

carnival03

OK, We're sailing on the carnival legend out of Tampa in April after the dry dock when the ship is upgraded to go to Australia. As part of the upgrades I've heard it's suppose to include "Australian Power Points" which I googled and are essentially the plug outlets that are common over in Australia, so will it still have our standard plugs installed for the rest of the Tampa cruises? I was also planning on brining a power strip along to allow use of several more plugs. When it comes to the power strip whats allowed? The reason I ask this is when we sailed on the pride in 2011 they took away my power strip yet I see people taking them on cruises? Are they even allowed in Luggage on airplanes? Thanks in advance!

Have you called Carnival to ask them? What I would do is be prepared for both and have an Australian plug converter with me just in case. I have always carried a power strip but not a normal one with a cord. I use this one that I got from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388763917&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+power It even rotates. I have used this one for several years on cruises and have carried it in checked luggage for domestic and overseas flights.