Cruising in/out of New York in the Snow

ibcnusoon

They expect a warming trend to -15.

After this week, that will feel much warmer ;) Yesterday, with the wind chill, it felt like -35C or so in Montreal. Thankfully, we have Cozumel to look forward to!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I unfortunately am not very good at timing, we booked ours on the legend for March and we are to get -40 with -50+ windchills Monday. next cruise will be in January :D

I feel your pain...hang in there!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon

I'm amazed that my photo has gone Viral, but it would be appreciated if proper credit can be applied. I took this photo morning of Jan 3 from window in Canyon Ranch Spa, Deck 7 on port side looking aft. I am a lecturer with Cunard Insights. I posted it on Facebook and several friends "shared" image include ChrisCunard (Chris Frame) and CruiseDeals.com Here is the direct link with proper credit:

1532047_562717880489076_1167538162_n.jpg

Has the snow ever been this bad on your cruise? This is the Queen Mary 2 who needed tug assistance last night coming into New York Harbor.

There was a picture floating around on CC a few years back (wish I could find it) of a snowman built on the deck of a ship ported in NY. Imagine being a crew member who has never seen snow in their homeland's warm environment. I've cruised out of NY a few times in winter. Once it was warmer leaving than the cold front we hit in Florida....the temperature in Cocoa Beach was 30 degrees and there were icicles on the cars there! So you never know. My argument has always been the cruise ships built to sail out of NYC (NCL Breakaway for one) not having pools with retractable roofs. At least Carnival has those...but try finding a deck chair!

Anxious to see what happens next Sunday the 12th when we sail on Splendor out of NYC. I've returned to snow at the airport but have never cruised in snow.

Sent from my iPad

Forecast for nect Sunday (1/12) for NYC is a warrm 48 and sunny:D

Great pics!! I've only seen snow come from the sky once, in DC during one of my doctoral program seminars years ago.

I'm just north of Tampa and have had the heat on all day! It's so cold, at least 68 degrees. BRRRRRR!!!:eek:

Cruising next weekend out of Tampa. Have to find some long underwear, whatever that is, so I'm not cold at sailaway!