Food in the MDR

Will be going on the Oasis in a couple of weeks. Read some mixed reviews about the food in the dining room. Was wondering, are there any dishes that should definitely be avoided? Conversely, are there some dishes that shouldn't be missed? Hope to enjoy some good meals! Opinions appreciated.

Food is very subjective so there's lots of opinions. We cruised Oasis in December and found all the food we ordered to be excellent at the time although nothing particularly memorable? The menu has lots of choices so something for everyone...

The food in the Main Dining Room is very good. The nice thing about it is that its 'all you can eat'...you can order as many items on the menu as you like. This way, if you aren't sure about an entree, order it plus a 'safety', something you are sure you like. Its a great way to try something you have never had before. We always order an extra entree, especially if its something we have never had, and share it with the table.

This is fantastic for kids, because you can get them to try stuff risk free. My daughter, at age 7, was arm twisted into trying escargot, and loved them, ate two orders. The next nite the waiter had escargot waiting for her, saved just for her!

The menu includes a few items like steak, grilled chicken, etc, that are there in case you don't like the menu. Plus, don't forget, you can even order from the kids menu if you like. Who doesn't like mac and cheese?

The lamb was absolutely fantastic!!! I think I had it twice. There was a chocolate dessert that was available every day that was very rich and I couldn't get through it (which never happens!) but there wasn't a single menu option that I chose that I wouldn't have again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk