Jiji Asian Kitchen

Topo Gigio

How is the food and how much to dine there?

Fantastic food and excellent service for $12pp.

Edit: the $12 is for dinner only. At lunch time, it is like the Monogolian Bar where you pick up all the veggies and the cook will add your choice of the meat/seafood and the sauce.

Edited by mississauga

What does $12 (same as Cucina) gets you? appetizer, entree & dessert?

Yes, it is a shared type of setting as the Asians do. We were 2 so we each chose an appetizer, an entree, a side dish and a dessert. They give you enough for each to have some of each dish.

The Jiji manager came over to explain how it worked and said, if there were 4 people, they would probably choose 3 from each but if they wanted to try a fourth dish, they could ask and be accommodated.

Friends of ours went as a group and every dish on the menu was brought out to them. Plenty for everyone to eat and there were leftovers.

Yes, it is a shared type of setting as the Asians do. We were 2 so we each chose an appetizer, an entree, a side dish and a dessert. They give you enough for each to have some of each dish.

The Jiji manager came over to explain how it worked and said, if there were 4 people, they would probably choose 3 from each but if they wanted to try a fourth dish, they could ask and be accommodated.

Friends of ours went as a group and every dish on the menu was brought out to them. Plenty for everyone to eat and there were leftovers.

Thanks. Love Asian food, so I guess they will see me a couple of times there during the cruise.

Interesting, which ships have them?

Only the Sunshine. They also have the Havana Bar ( with food at breakfast and lunch....don't know about dinner as we never went there after the lunch period ) which no other Carnival ship has.

Edited by mississauga

• 5 months later...
JiJi's is amazing and so is the Sunshine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I said I would not book the "revamped Destiny", but since they homeported her basically ~20 minutes from my house... AND we got the Captain's Suite for $500 pp, that was an offer I couldn't refuse !!

Tom

So what did you think (the ship AND Ji Ji's)?

Booked it for January ('15) as well.

Tom

Tom! Glad to see you're back! JiJi's and Sunshine are both great! JiJi's is a lot like the Mongolian Wok, but the atmosphere is much nicer. There are large windows across the back of the ship with a great view. This area tends to be less crowded than the buffet area just forward of it. This dining area shared between JiJi's and Cucina reminds me of the aft dining room on Norwegian Wind years ago. There is a cozy bar right in the middle of this dining area.

Jiji's was AMAZING!! The Duck appetizer was, by far, our favorite. We weren't to impressed with the desserts. There were 2 of us & we got 2 appetizers, 2 entrees & 2 desserts & the "dips" at the beginning of the meals were also very good. Definitely worth the $12pp charge.

We loved JiJis. It was amazing. I highly recommend it. I loved the Stock Pig. The meat just melted in your mouth.

I write about JiJi's in my Sunshine review that is located in my signature. If you start on Post 58, you can read about our trip to JiJi.

Edited by Ciardasully