RCCL Next Cruise Cert help.

Sad because My Time is superb with choice.Its a matter of organising yourself and whom you want to dine with and talking quietly to the Maitre D.Its called choice.We regularly cruise and a group of about 12 would not go back to Traditional.

Nothing Sad about it.

I have done MTD before and see no advantage to me.

We always eat late and dinner is a big part of cruising to us, we dont do shows and never have anything planned that would cause us to change The time we have Dinner to an earlier time.

We stay in the dinning room late every dinner.

Why would I want to have to ask a Maitre D or supervisor to have the same table every night at the same time when this is what i get with traditional dinning?

With traditional dinning I am still free to join another table if asked by guests as I am free to invite other guests if table places are empty.

Traditional Dinning isnt like it used to be when Traditional was the only choice so all tables were full every night.

I already have MTD for breakfast and lunch so I dont need it for Dinner as well:)

Nothing Sad about it.

I have done MTD before and see no advantage to me.

Why would I want to have to ask a Maitre D or supervisor to have the same table every night at the same time when this is what i get with traditional dinning?

I already have MTD for breakfast and lunch so I dont need it for Dinner as well:)

Works well for you! I see advantages to both ways depending on personal preferences. We have enjoyed traditional and MTD for different reasons, and we have gone to the show before the 8.30 and that worked well for us too.

We have decide that this next trip we really MUST go to the Windjammer for dinner as we like to tick off all experiences and localities :D

Once we find something we like though, we do tend to stay with it. We were determined to do Windjammer dinner 3 cruises ago and the friends we met at the traditional dining were so nice we went there every night. They weren't going to come every night either but they did. Next trip we were lucky enough to get a Grand Suite and by the time we had eaten all day and had nibbles in the Concierge Lounge we were full.

Just whatever works so the holiday is enjoyable. :D

Works well for you! I see advantages to both ways depending on personal preferences. We have enjoyed traditional and MTD for different reasons, and we have gone to the show before the 8.30 and that worked well for us too.

We have decide that this next trip we really MUST go to the Windjammer for dinner as we like to tick off all experiences and localities :D

Once we find something we like though, we do tend to stay with it. We were determined to do Windjammer dinner 3 cruises ago and the friends we met at the traditional dining were so nice we went there every night. They weren't going to come every night either but they did. Next trip we were lucky enough to get a Grand Suite and by the time we had eaten all day and had nibbles in the Concierge Lounge we were full.

Just whatever works so the holiday is enjoyable. :D

I am sure I see separate tables in the "Jamma" for Diamond+ with tablecloths and servers?

Mind you i could never see myself eating dinner there unless the dinning room was closed.

I only ever go to the Buffet when i need a quick "Chips&Gravy" fix

Even though I do tend to over react on forums I am sure cruise lines dont take any notice of my posts on CC:D

I read the sale rules as Gae did, Its for new bookings only, yes that is correct but most FCC,s are not actually a booking unless you have chosen a cruise whilst onboard.

The booking conditions I think relate to the OBC, you get OBC with a FCC so you cant get more with a sale that includes OBC, most OBC is not combinable with other deals.

The phone rep assured me that I would get the discount and I did so therefore it seems you can use a FCC for a sale price:)

Go forth and book:D

Well I put a hold on the Feb 2015 cruise and then tried all day today to get through to rccl. Finally after several phone dropouts and being placed on hold I got through to a Ms T in the US.

30 minutes later she said I could not transfer my existing open on board booking that I had subsequently assigned to a cruise, to the new Feb cruise and get the early bird discount. I would retain the OBC but not get the $1400 discount.

No way am I paying a highly inflated price and so have decided to keep my existing on board booking and just transfer it after the early bird sale finishes at what will then be normal prices.

She did say that if you have an unassigned open next cruise certificate then that could be applied to the Feb cruise with all the benefits of OBC and discounts. So guess I will get another certificate next cruise in 2 weeks.

I compared this years 7 day Tassie cruise price with next years "discounted" fare and it works out to be almost the same. Go figure.

Hugh

Ps see some of you on the 27th

Well I put a hold on the Feb 2015 cruise and then tried all day today to get through to rccl. Finally after several phone dropouts and being placed on hold I got through to a Ms T in the US.

30 minutes later she said I could not transfer my existing open on board booking that I had subsequently assigned to a cruise, to the new Feb cruise and get the early bird discount. I would retain the OBC but not get the $1400 discount.

No way am I paying a highly inflated price and so have decided to keep my existing on board booking and just transfer it after the early bird sale finishes at what will then be normal prices.

She did say that if you have an unassigned open next cruise certificate then that could be applied to the Feb cruise with all the benefits of OBC and discounts. So guess I will get another certificate next cruise in 2 weeks.

I compared this years 7 day Tassie cruise price with next years "discounted" fare and it works out to be almost the same. Go figure.

Hugh

Ps see some of you on the 27th

But was it a different ship and sail date to the one you originaly booked with FCC? if so then its still a new booking?

Glad of the news you got about FCC,s that have never been assigned being able to be used with the sales!

This means Gae will get her discount and mine wasnt a fluke!

But was it a different ship and sail date to the one you originaly booked with FCC? if so then its still a new booking?

Glad of the news you got about FCC,s that have never been assigned being able to be used with the sales!

This means Gae will get her discount and mine wasnt a fluke!

Same ship but different sail date. Will get another opinion tomorrow and speak to a supervisor. This agent only repeated what yet supervisor told her.

Same ship but different sail date. Will get another opinion tomorrow and speak to a supervisor. This agent only repeated what yet supervisor told her.

How did you go with this Hugh? I still have my double booking for my Feb 2015 cruise - the one I made with the early bird discount, with deposit due later this week, and the second booking they created with my next cruise certificate when they had second thoughts and decided I could use it (but without the early bird discount applied as yet). If I get a spare minute at work tomorrow I am going to give them another call and see if any progress.

How did you go with this Hugh? I still have my double booking for my Feb 2015 cruise - the one I made with the early bird discount, with deposit due later this week, and the second booking they created with my next cruise certificate when they had second thoughts and decided I could use it (but without the early bird discount applied as yet). If I get a spare minute at work tomorrow I am going to give them another call and see if any progress.

If you have not used your NCC/FCC for a previous booking I would be holding out for a supervisor on the phone!

If I got the discount then its available, they dont just give money away:)

You should cancel your cruise without the NCC and ask them to apply the EB discount to your NCC booking.

You could also email them as this is what i did.

The only real advantage is its only $100 deposit so if booking over a year out it makes sense not to part with too much deposit if you dont need to.

If you have not used your NCC/FCC for a previous booking I would be holding out for a supervisor on the phone!

If I got the discount then its available, they dont just give money away:)

You should cancel your cruise without the NCC and ask them to apply the EB discount to your NCC booking.

You could also email them as this is what i did.

The only real advantage is its only $100 deposit so if booking over a year out it makes sense not to part with too much deposit if you dont need to.

Yep, mines all sorted now, they assured me it would be last week, it was just a matter of waiting patiently, which I did. It was a $1600 deposit I would have had to pay otherwise so I'm glad I didn't have to do that, plus some OBC, and the $2000 early bird saving was great as well. All is good as expected. Just delays in doing it. I rang yesterday and got straight through, no wait at all :) It was just after midday.

I've been struggling all week trying to learn how to operate my new Mac computer after having used a PC every since they were invented! :eek:

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've just checked my RCI account and lo and behold, the amounts owing on each booking is NOW CORRECT so happy to report that I was able to convert these bookings to my Future (or Next) Cruise Certificates purchased on-board so now I have in place the on-board credit and the $100 deposit for each passenger plus the other early-bird discounts along with my Emerald Balcony Discount so the cost of a Junior Suite is within my budget for the 2 cruises I booked a couple of weeks ago!

Patience is a virtue!!! Now, just got to find a cruise buddy to join me! :)

Gae

Emailed them and its a no go if you have already assigned your next cruise certificate.

Well I will just get a new open booking next week then assign it myself the next day. Hopefully the cabin I want will still be available. Can't afford the high deposit on a new booking at the moment - too many other cruises etc to pay for just at the moment.

Hugh

Good news for most I see:) and plenty relief of the panic it wouldn't actually eventuate :D:D:D

Just goes to show how a storm in a tea cup can escalate to :eek:! lol

One thing we have all learned on this thread is that an RCI FCC that hasn't been booked against a "Previous" cruise can be use in a sale and you "can" put a 24 hour hold on a cruise with an FCC use in mind.

PS Gae I am a mac hater so good luck to you:)

Thanks for starting this thread and posting to advise that it worked out.

So from what I have read, if I use my FCC in this current sale I can combine the sale with the Crown and Anchor society balcony or suite discount and the $100 per person booking amount.

AND because I am booking a suite I should choose the $300 OBC offered under the sale rather than the OBC attributed to the FCC (because it is less).

Can you guys confirm this for me? and advise if there is any other benefit I am entitled to within the current T&Cs?

The savings on the current sale which finishes 28 Feb are awesome, we are saving over $3000 for a GS on a 12 night South Pacific/Fiji cruise in November. At the start of the week there were 8 out of 12 GS cabins available, today there is 2 ..... the deal is so good.

So from what I have read, if I use my FCC in this current sale I can combine the sale with the Crown and Anchor society balcony or suite discount and the $100 per person booking amount.

AND because I am booking a suite I should choose the $300 OBC offered under the sale rather than the OBC attributed to the FCC (because it is less).

Can you guys confirm this for me? and advise if there is any other benefit I am entitled to within the current T&Cs?

The savings on the current sale which finishes 28 Feb are awesome, we are saving over $3000 for a GS on a 12 night South Pacific/Fiji cruise in November. At the start of the week there were 8 out of 12 GS cabins available, today there is 2 ..... the deal is so good.

Not too sure about this:confused:

It was complicated enough just using an FCC with the earlybird sale for a normal cabin without trying to claim/ swapping additional C&A benefits :eek:

Yes, you are correct and that's all of the entitlements - Also, they take a varying time to apply it, but it will happen :)