Islands of the Pacific Theatre

Zace

We just booked cruise on Pacific Princess for April 2006. Cruise is from Sydney to Osaka, with stops at Guadalcanal, Rabaul, Guam, Saipan, cruise Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Hiroshima and ending in Osaka.

Would appreciate any information about this cruise and the pacific Princess as well.

We took a variation of Pacific Theater on the last voyage of the Sky Princess, 9-00, starting in San Francisco and ending in Sydney. It was our best cruise, and really a must for WW2 History Buffs. We had a wonderful guest lecturer, a Brit Bob Reynolds, who is "connected" with the Pacific Battlefield Monuments Commision, and he gave great insight into the various battles. It was really a very moving trip. We had several "special ceremonies and tributes".

We were on Pacific Princess (new) Tahiti to Sydney,11-03, and we really enjoyed the small ship experience very much. Obviously not designed for Princess, but generally well laid out. Main showroom not up to Princess standards, with a very small stage, limiting number of dancers etc in the production shows.

The Steakhouse aboard is excellent, and well worth the extra tab ($15.00 per person when we were on board).

Dining room fairly fancy, with food that was Princess standard.

We had very smooth seas both trips - we know that Sky Princess (now P&O Australia's Pacific Sky) rides well in rough water - not sure how the small Pacific Princess would fare in Force 8 seas or above - imagine it would bob about quite a bit.

Enjoy your trip.

We just booked cruise on Pacific Princess for April 2006. Cruise is from Sydney to Osaka, with stops at Guadalcanal, Rabaul, Guam, Saipan, cruise Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Hiroshima and ending in Osaka.

Would appreciate any information about this cruise and the pacific Princess as well.

Pacific Princess is a great ship; leaving next week to spend 46 days aboard. We were on the Pacific last summer for 36 days and have booked 68 days for 2007. If possible, go for the mini.

As for the Pacific Theater, my friend Renee will give you all the info you need as soon as she sees this post. She did that itinerary last year also on the Pacific.

Arlene

Hi - here's "Renee" Arlene's friend :p (aka GotToCruise) Se did this itinerary (reverse - Osaka to HNL) last July on the Pacific....Get back to me after Sept. when I return from the Golden.....really busy now tying up loose ends - l(eave in less than 2 weeks) - Too much to post now....I will tell you all about each Port etc. etc. R.

DH and I and two close cruising buddiies will also be on this cruise. Our friend's mother was stationed on Guam so she really wanted to go on a cruise that went there. My DH lived on Okinawa when he was in HS and is looking forward to seeing how it has changed. We've sailed on the Tahitian Princess and Oceania's Regatta and really enjoyed the small size. On the Regatta the two specialty restaurants were free. Have been kept busy lately with research for our upcoming cruise this weekend to New England/Canada and our trip in September to Australia. After that I'll be spending more time on this one. Have booked us into a hotel in Tokyo already for a short post cruise stay!

Happy cruising!

Janet

Archived