Glory Disembark Flight Time Question

island-hoppers

As I've read here on CruiseCritic, it seems the best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is a Budget Rental Car. This is what we plan to do. My question is for those who've sailed Glory, what has been the earliest/latest time of disembarkation (self & otherways). We are looking at a 11:20am flight from orlando. I know Carnival says don't book earlier than 12pm, but surely you have some cushion time in there ?? Is the 11:20am possible ??

Thanks everyone for all the wisdon I have gained from this board!!

That flight time would stress me out! We sailed the Glory in March of this year over spring break. 3500 people getting off a ship. We should have done self assist but there were nine of us and a couple of people had way too much luggage. We had a 1:10 flight out of Orlando. We used the Carnival transfers and we arrived at the airport at 12:40! We were fortunate that our flight had been delayed leaving due to weather but I can tell you we were feeling rushed. I would certainly plan to do the self assist in getting off the ship. It takes 45 minutes (on a good day) from port back in to Orlando. Good luck making your flight choice.

I will be on the Glory this coming weekend and originally had an 11:40 flight...well we just recently changed it to a 5pm flight. I would have liked to get the 3:30 flight (ideal in my book) but it was full. The 5pm flight is late but its much better that 11:40....I just don't like to feel rushed and would hate to end a vacation on such a stressful note. Maybe you could try a 2 or 3pm flight?

Archived