Transportation to San Pedro

Mare10

We'll be doing a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in March 2015. It's early but I like to plan ahead! We live about an hour away from the port. Reading threads I'm learning that parking is pretty pricey for a long cruise. I know we could do the hotel package option and are considering that. But... does anyone have knowledge of reliable shuttle companies that would transport us from home. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

We'll be doing a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in March 2015. It's early but I like to plan ahead! We live about an hour away from the port. Reading threads I'm learning that parking is pretty pricey for a long cruise. I know we could do the hotel package option and are considering that. But... does anyone have knowledge of reliable shuttle companies that would transport us from home. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Need to know where home is at?

Need to know where home is at?

Home is in LaVerne, Ca.... in the Inland Empire. Just trying to figure out the best way... drive and park at San Pedro, get there the afternoon before and get a package deal through a hotel or take a shuttle.

Home is in LaVerne, Ca.... in the Inland Empire. Just trying to figure out the best way... drive and park at San Pedro, get there the afternoon before and get a package deal through a hotel or take a shuttle.

Have you considered a private car for transportation?:)

Agree if you know anyone in the South Bay or Long Beach area about driving to their house, parking and either taking a shuttle from there or asking (if they are good friends) to have them drop you off and pick you up at the pier.

Otherwise, Supershuttle is your best bet for a shuttle service.

In theory, you could take the train (Metrolink) from LaVerne (actually, Pomona), then take a shuttle from Union Station. Might save a little money. The Amtrak bus that does this would NOT get you to the cruise ship terminal in time unless you plan to stay in a hotel there the night before.

If you google land transportation companies that service Los Angeles, you'll find a whole slew that will transport you point to point. The last time we were going on a Hawaiian cruise, I did this and then emailed the companies with our data (about how much luggage, including the necessary guitar case:o), how many people, and our zip code and got answers back very quickly. Didn't include Prime Time as we already had a major problem with them on our previous cruise out of San Pedro (the van was sent to the wrong location on both ends:mad:). On Time Transportation picked us up at the time I gave them and got us to the port and was there for us when we got off the ship. I'm sure most of the companies would do the same.

Agree if you know anyone in the South Bay or Long Beach area about driving to their house, parking and either taking a shuttle from there or asking (if they are good friends) to have them drop you off and pick you up at the pier.

Otherwise, Supershuttle is your best bet for a shuttle service.

In theory, you could take the train (Metrolink) from LaVerne (actually, Pomona), then take a shuttle from Union Station. Might save a little money. The Amtrak bus that does this would NOT get you to the cruise ship terminal in time unless you plan to stay in a hotel there the night before.

-You could park at Union Station for $6day then take a shuttle.

-Metro from our area to Union Station is $10pp/oneway (from Montclair Metro Station). Hardly any savings when considering a shuttle from home or Union Station. Also our stations do not encourage overnight parking

-Could take catch a bus from Union Station (using your Metro tix) but it will take three hours (total from La Verne) to get to San Pedro and the bus isn't good for large luggage.

Have you priced out the Crown Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro? Many stay the night before and park. Need to find out if you can park two weeks.

FWIW for simplicity we are going to park for our 10day cruise in the lot.

**Try Execucar. It is the private car branch of Super Shuttle.

Just for the fun of it I checked on Enterprise. One way pick up in Upland and drop off within 24 hours in San Pedro. There is an Enterprise office in the Crown Plaza. Know that the Enterprise in San Pedro is closed on Sundays.

Used a random day in March 2014. A Nissan Versa is $62, including a $25 drop off fee.

We rented a car one year when we did a repo cruise from San Diego.

Edited by SadieN

Another solution is have a friend, neighbor, or relative drive you to the port and pick you up. (Using your vehicle if the person is reliable). I do that instead of paying the parking at LAX or SNA, or paying for a van. For one trip, a friend was moving and they were glad to have use of my pickup while they were gone. On another trip my son's friend took me in his car and he was happy to get paid half of what Super Shuttle would have charged.

Sorry I didn't mention it before....I do this on most long trips.