Casablanca

We are visiting Casablanca on the Dream in the summer. Not heard good reports so far. We are thinking of the trip to Marrakesh but is it worth the long trip or is Rabat or somewhere else better. Also what is best to do on the stop in Motril and Cadiz as both are new to us. Thanks in anticipation

Hi StPiran.

Copied from the P&O Vs thread.....

Casablanca... Hmm, I think you are doing the best thing doing a trip.

We just walked off the ship and along the front to see the big Mosque, it's very impressive. We then spent the rest of the day sunbathing on the ship.

Many we spoke to got the shuttle bus to the main square and got straight back on to come back. They also said the shuttle bus was disgusting, filthy and full of gum on the seats. We never walked into the town properly, just along the front, but never felt threatened like we did in Alexandria. We are back in April, but will more than likely just treat it as a sunbathing day on the ship.

Cadiz is lovely.... very walkable and loads to see.

It's great if you like Churches, some are really nice inside. We didn't do the Cathedral (€5 each) but the small Church in the same square is gorgeous inside, don't miss it. We also found the Holy Cave Church (€3 each) which has some Goya paintings inside, it's small but we thought it was well worth the entrance fee.

It's on a street called Rosario, and you would not think it was a Church from the outside. It's worth tracking down though, it took us ages to find it.

http://www.cadizturismo.com/media/pu...pdf/4walkl.pdf

This map gives some good walks, but it's easy just to do your own thing with the map.

When we are there in April, I think we will head for Seville on the train if time permits.

Will put some pictures of the ports up when I get them all sorted...

I don't know what the trips from casablanca are like, you may get a response from someone who has done them.