Kids Sail Free

Nikkimouse76

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning our next cruise :D! We are wondering if there is a certain time period where cruise lines (Carnival in general) release the kids sail free program? Has anyone seen a trend of when this sale is typically released? Last cruise we booked in March, then about 2 weeks later, still March, NCL rolled out kids sail free.

TIA!

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning our next cruise :D! We are wondering if there is a certain time period where cruise lines (Carnival in general) release the kids sail free program? Has anyone seen a trend of when this sale is typically released? Last cruise we booked in March, then about 2 weeks later, still March, NCL rolled out kids sail free.

TIA!

Never saw it offered on Carnival.

I don't recall carnival ever offering kids sail free. I have seen that Disney and ncl have in the past. however when I priced Disney the last time they offered it the prices were higher for two adults and two free kids then if I booked four people.

Unfortunately, Carnival has never offered that (from what I have seen). NCL usually offers it in April and then again sometimes in Oct/ Nov. However, it is only for the FALL sailings (and not during Thanksgiving).

Edited by FlaMommy75

In addition to NCL and Disney, MSC supposedly lets kids sail free at all times, though when I try to price a cruise on their website, the adult fares were so expensive the overall price ended up being several hundreds more than Carnival on a 7 day Caribbean cruise.

I have had good experience with NCL kids sail free promotions. In 2012, I booked a December cruise during the kids sail free promotion in July and snatched a family suite for 4 for just a couple hundred bucks more than a balcony cabin on a comparable Carnival cruise. Booking the cruise in July also gives me plenty of time to make necessary travel arrangements such as booking air tickets, hotels, excursions and (most importantly) clear out my work calendar during the week of cruise.

I always wanted to try a Disney cruise, and the only way I can stomach the price is to book a kids sail free fare. However, it is my experience that even with the promotion, the best I can do is get a 4 day short cruise in an inside cabin for the same price as a 7 day cruise in a balcony cabin on Carnival. What's more, Disney kids sail free promotion is specific only to certain dates (as opposed to a range of dates), and Disney doesn't release the applicable sailings until the last minute (like a month before the sailing), which makes it very difficult to coordinate you work schedule and make necessary travel arrangements.

Kids sail free worked for us on NCL. On Disney its way to expensive even if the kids go free.

MSC kids sail free is not always no matter what they say. There are several cruise over holiday's that kids sail for $50 + taxes. And kids pay quite a bit for MSC Yacht club (similar to the ncl haven).

Carnival is usually so cheap overall that no need for kids sail free. NCL we scored enough of a savings with the kids free deal to upgrade to a suite and the kids were still free.

Carnival will not do that as long as they offer some of the lowest prices available for cruising. To offset the cost of the kids on "kids sail free,", the adult fare costs goes up, but you don't see it unless you do a sample booking for two passengers only. Carnival keeps the first two fares a very fair/reasonable cost and then when you add the cost for 3rd/4th passenger it goes up, but still is decent and fair in price. It could even be less than the other cruise lines.

Hi All,

TIA!

Carnival spends way to much money on the kids and they wouldn't be able to do this. THe Camp Program is so ausome . WE were just on holland and it was horrible but the kids sailed free. AS far as I'm concerned there is no other cruise line to sail with kids. camp until 3 am if you want

NCL has an excellent kids program!

That being said, Celebrity has an offer out now with FREE classic alchohol package for oceanview cabins or above. That's a $45 per day, per person savings! In lieu of DH (not a drinker) and DD (not of age), I booked them in another cabin together and they will get $200 FREE OBC.

With the cost of some Celebrity cruises almost as rock bottom as Carnival, you should also look into Celebrity if you are looking for any perks.

I've never seen any perks offered at any tmie of the year for either free kids sail or free drinks on Carnival.

Try another line.

I don't recall carnival ever offering kids sail free. I have seen that Disney and ncl have in the past. however when I priced Disney the last time they offered it the prices were higher for two adults and two free kids then if I booked four people.

This is the same as the room (Vista Suite) we booked on Carnival. If it were booked as 2 adults the total price is more expensive then the total price of booking 3 (2 adults, one child) in the room.

Our orginal cabin was a extened aft balcony and the total price was $100 more then expensive with 3 people rather then 2.

On my bill breakdown it says the child is costing $179 plus tax but the TOTAL price doesn't reflect that.

Thanks for the info everyone! In my researching I did see that Carnival was the least expensive. We did sail on the NCL Breakaway in Dec, and we had booked under the kids sail free program! The kids LOVED the kids camp! Good to hear that Carnival's camp is awesome. We were looking at HAL too, but saw the reviews weren't too favorable for their kids program. We would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to book a Disney cruise, but the prices are absolutely insane to me. Could someone tell me what is MSC?

Thanks for the info everyone! In my researching I did see that Carnival was the least expensive. We did sail on the NCL Breakaway in Dec, and we had booked under the kids sail free program! The kids LOVED the kids camp! Good to hear that Carnival's camp is awesome. We were looking at HAL too, but saw the reviews weren't too favorable for their kids program. We would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to book a Disney cruise, but the prices are absolutely insane to me. Could someone tell me what is MSC?

MSC is a cruise line. http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/homepage.aspx

Hi All,

TIA!

Never saw it offered as well , but Please , do keep myself and others informed , will have to plan our cruise around those dates .

Could someone tell me what is MSC?

MSC is only recently trying to make a mark on the US cruise market. They have some really great deals right now on their lone US based ship, Divina. It leaves out of Miami and all kids 11 and under are free(plus taxes and tips).

Carnival just partnered with Dr. Seuss, MSC just partnered with the Smurfs. :cool:

• 2 months later...

I just looked at the fare viewer on carnival. They currently have a kids sail free promotion for our sailing on the magic June 29. But the summer go sail rate is about $1500 cheaper. ImageUploadedByForums1395807786.121165.jpg.ac899570f3ae6ecf8e34941e15fad975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Silly promotion if 3rd 4th and 5th guest sail free why would the cruise be 1.5 times more.... it should only be the base rate for first two and just tax on the 3rd.... it seems they charging a fare for the 3rd guest

Carnival is offering several fare options with this kids sale free being the highest by twice as much as the lowest rate. Why would anybody choose this fare rate when it's twice as much! Plus some of the other rates also offer reduced deposit and the 30 days final payment date. :rolleyes:

:eek:

On my cruise kids sail free ocean view $4300. Price actually paid when I booked and paid for my DS £2700 including tax. Where is the kid sails free. They have either messed up the pricing, or they must think their customers are stupid.

I think this is the correct answer! Wow! What an increase in fares just for kids to sail free.:rolleyes: