Thoughts on the Conquest?

mum2bradley

We sailed on the Breeze over Christmas and are going to do a NYE cruise next. I want to go back on the Breeze but it is only a 6 day and hubby wants to do a 7 day.

I read some of the reviews on here and it doesn't look great but I thought I would see if someone else had a better opinion.

Thanks!

Leanne.

We've done the Conquest out of Galveston and New Orleans. Always enjoyed being on the ship and crew is usually great. The only drawback I would think I could point to is that there is only two pools on the Lido deck, if you're a sun person (which we're not) you might want to look at the Legend or one of her sister ships, the Lido deck on those have three pools and the chair hogs are not so bad.

I love Conquest, sailed on her twice. Conquest has 2.0 upgrades, which is nice. But its not as new as the Breeze and doesn't have all the same features. If you go into it expecting the Breeze, you are going to be disappointed. But I like Conquest, she is a nice ship and love 2.0 upgrades.

We too have been on the conquest several times. Loved it every time.

Have never been on the Breeze, but booked to go this March.

Just got off the Conquest in November and was very nice yet. One thing I was disappointed in was, that while it did have some 2.0 upgrades, it didn't have Serenity, which my wife and I loved on other ships.

Edited by HawkIVette

Just got off the Conquest in December. We were on the Breeze in February. This was my 20th cruise with Carnival and love cruising with them. But with that being said I was disappointed with the Conquest. After being on a newer ship it was not anything that I expected it to be. No serenity area, no wok and the lack of the third pool ( I love sea days to just sit by the pool) it was just not as enjoyable for us. Don't get me wrong we had a great time but having been on both I would choose the Breeze. One thing my husband and I did complain about, along with others we meet while sailing was we never, not once was asked if we wanted a drink by the back pool, upper deck. Was not a big deal to me as I don't drink much but with others it was a huge deal.