Can I bring these on Carnival?

PC Cruisin

If you pack your suitcase really tight the clothes do not shift and then the stuff is not wrinkled. If it is wrinkled hang it on the back of the bathroom door while you shower and steam it that way.

This video taught me how to pack a suitcase. I can cram it full, fly from California to Chicago or Tampa or Seattle or wherever, unpack, and hang my things wrinkle-free. I've also used dry-cleaning plastic bags, but find the tissue paper method to work as well, if not better. I've packed gowns, cocktail dresses, linen or cotton slacks, silks, you name it. It's a long video, but really worth watching and trying. I get tissue paper packs at my dollar store and they last forever. I reuse the tissue paper as it's not mangled when I've unpacked.

This is key. The plastic or tissue paper prevent wrinkling. I've done this for years and never need a steamer.

I have brought mine on the last 3 cruises and never had a problem. It's so convenient especially if you just need to touch up an outfit. I do though let it cool and put it in a drawer so the room steward didn't see it.

This video taught me how to pack a suitcase. I can cram it full, fly from California to Chicago or Tampa or Seattle or wherever, unpack, and hang my things wrinkle-free. I've also used dry-cleaning plastic bags, but find the tissue paper method to work as well, if not better. I've packed gowns, cocktail dresses, linen or cotton slacks, silks, you name it. It's a long video, but really worth watching and trying. I get tissue paper packs at my dollar store and they last forever. I reuse the tissue paper as it's not mangled when I've unpacked.

Thank you for the tip!

If it helps, a large number of people do not especially wrap their clothes, bring steamers or even steam them in the shower. A few wrinkles will likely not be noticed....

No offence meant, pf course, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Just pointing out many will be in your boat (or, I guess, on your ship?).

There is a reason you are not supposed to take a steamer. They are dangerous. Just because someone got away with bringing a steamer, does not make it safe or right.

It is not like smuggling alcohol on board....it's against the rules but it does not pose a danger. I don't smuggle alcohol either, but I don't worry about those who do because they pose no danger to me or my loved ones traveling with me.

Please follow the safety rules so all can have a safe trip.

I have brought mine on the last 3 cruises and never had a problem. It's so convenient especially if you just need to touch up an outfit. I do though let it cool and put it in a drawer so the room steward didn't see it.

Somehow yours made it through, but the fact remains that it is a banned item for safety reasons. Your turn for it to be taken will happen one day.

It really is a safety issue and I hope you will consider other options on your next cruise. I don't think your fellow pax would consider it convenient should your steamer cause a short in the electrical system or start a fire leaving them stranded at sea or worse. Not flaming you, just pointing out that irons, steamers, candles, etc. are banned for a reason.

;)

If it helps, a large number of people do not especially wrap their clothes, bring steamers or even steam them in the shower. A few wrinkles will likely not be noticed....

No offence meant, pf course, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Just pointing out many will be in your boat (or, I guess, on your ship:p

Wrinkles won't be noticed? Oh, yes they will and the offender gets his/her face plastered on the lido big screen tv for everyone to see:p

;)

No offence meant, pf course, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Just pointing out many will be in your boat (or, I guess, on your ship:p

Wrinkles won't be noticed? Oh, yes they will and the offender gets his/her face plastered on the lido big screen tv for everyone to see:p

Lol, maybe I should take a steamer for my face then! :eek:

It really is a safety issue and I hope you will consider other options on your next cruise. I don't think your fellow pax would consider it convenient should your steamer cause a short in the electrical system or start a fire leaving them stranded at sea or worse. Not flaming you, just pointing out that irons, steamers, candles, etc. are banned for a reason.

No argument...banned is banned! But seriously how is a steamer more dangerous that a flat iron. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

No argument...banned is banned! But seriously how is a steamer more dangerous that a flat iron. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

From what I understand, they do not pull as much electricity. But, they also have an auto shut off and a heat guard (plastic price that encases the iron). I also think the banned items list was written before flat irons became popular. I don't think travel steamers would pose an issue, but I don't write the rules for CCL :rolleyes: boy, if I did.....woohoo!:eek::p

I take a spray bottle and spray a mist of water on my clothes as I unpack it. Let it hang and the wrinkles fall out. Cheaper than downy wrinkle release and just as effective. I'd avoid this on wool, silk or any formals. It works on anything cotton (tees, shorts, chinos, blouses, etc.)!