Private Tours/Cars/Drivers Le Havre To Paris

We are arriving at Le Havre next month and would like to take a private tour to Paris. We don't want to take the Princess tour bus in to Paris and will only do so as a last resort. We've cruised all over Europe with Princess and have always had locals take us around to see each port stop at a negotiated price upon disembarking the ship. We've had great days in port doing this in Istanbul, Rhodes, Athens, Varna, Kusadasi, and many more. What is the likelyhood that there will be people at port in Le Havre upon our arrival offering private tours into Paris? This port stop concerns me because of the distance involved. Have any of you previous cruisers hired drivers on the spot at Le Havre? I have tried booking a tour with www.minibus-tours.com but they are sold out for the day and I haven't seen posts on here about other small tour companies offering this service. There are four of us in our group.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Aloha

Matt in Hawaii

Matt, when are you going to be there? We are in the same "boat" not wanting to take Celebritys tour but don't want to take the chance of missing the ship when returning. We will be there in September and on the Constellation Transatlantic. I've been to Paris but DH hasn't, and finding independent tours have not been easy.

Also, how do you get from Kailua to London? What a trip!!! DH and I will be retiring to Makaha/Waianae in 2007 from California and with the 10 hour flight to London from SFO I'm sure you are totally beat up from Honolulu. I'll be over there for 10 days next month, partly working on a rental but mostly fun. In fact our property manager is in Kailua, Ho'ola Property next to the post office. I visit them when over there and we go to Buzz's for lunch. 3 weeks and counting...

Post here if you find any Paris tours...

Mahalo & Aloha

Carlene

Aloha Carlene!

I still haven't had any luck finding private tours or drivers from Le Havre to Paris. I've also looked into train schedules but looks like we would only have 4 hours max in Paris if we took the 10:00am train, and Princess "Paris on your own" tour is only 109.00 vs. the roundtrip train fare of $130.00.

We are taking the Golden Princess from London to New York on August 20th. We're leaving Honolulu for Los Angeles on Hawaiian Airlines and overnighting there and will then take a Virgin Atlantic flight to Heathrow and have 4 days in London Pre-cruise.

As for Ho'ola properties, I know exactly where that is! I live a few minutes from there in Enchanted Lake. So Makaha in 2007? Good for you! You'll love it.

Have a great time on the Constellation.

Aloha,

Matt in Hawaii

Hi. We were on the Golden Princess this week. Instead of Paris, which looked like too much hassle, we went to Honfleur in a taxi. It is a beautiful, quaint Normandy fishing port. Like something out of a film set. Cost was 109 Euros with a 2 hour stay. You can stay longer if you wish. Takes about 30 mins to get there. I think you would enjoy it. There is a list of tours by taxi in the Tourist Office right next to where the ship docks.

Archived