For Anyone Cruising On SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

Elaine515

What will it be like on the Miracle ? leaving Long Beach at SuperBowl time. Hopefully I will be wearing my Niners gear!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Saw my Giants play about 3 years ago on the Miracle. Watched the game from lounge on deck 2 mad hatter and a great time was had.

Question for those that have already experienced Superbowl on a cruise ... We have early dining and are already thinking that we're going to skip dinner that night (veal which is one of our favority meals) and have Guys Burgers and Hot Dogs (which is not a bad thing either!!) but, just how crowded does the Lido Deck get?

Should we get there early, and if yes, how early? Thanx

And I'm still wearing my Miami Dolphins Jersey :) lol

I am excited for my DD and DH as they love Super Bowl! Do they have anything else going on for my DM and I who donn't care about footballl? Are the shops open? Not trying to be a party pooper...just wondering!

Not sure but would imagine shops would be open.

In 2010 I was aboard the Spirit out of San Diego for SB Sunday, which was also sail away from San Diego. They had a huge SB party in the main lounge. It was packed and it was awesome. The game was between the Colts and the Saints, I rooted for the Colts but didn't really care that much about the outcome which made it more fun.

They had several snack/appetizer stations set up around the lounge, things like burritos and corn dogs, etc. Anyway, right before kick off they had a contest to see if you could throw the nerf football into a barrel from about 20 yards away. The prize was 2 tee shirts and a football shaped bucket of Miller Lite and 2 seats in the VIP area.

Nobody could make the toss into the barrel so the CD, Stu, finally threw me the ball and I nailed it! Got to go sit in the VIP area with my buddy and I had already had enough beer that I really needed to use the restroom but he wouldn't let me leave him sitting down there in front of everyone by himself, the VIP area was the orchestra pit. Our turn in the VIP area only lasted for the first quarter but he made me drink my half of the beer bucket before we could leave. Man, was my bladder full!!

Good times!:cool: