Jan 5 Sapphire cruise - Left behind and green with envy!

karatemom2

My boys aren't sure what they are going to do today. Of course without my expert port day planning they are without direction! Although apparently my DS joked that he and DH should get off the ship, walk around at a frantic pace for several hours and then get in a fight and go back to the ship so that it can feel like a normal family port day outing. Very funny. :rolleyes:

Apparently without my DD and I to slow them down, they made it in time for a relaxing breakfast in the dining room featuring blueberry pancakes and an Alaska scramble. So at least, regardless of what they do with the rest of the day, they are starting off well fed.

IMG_0593-1.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0594-1.jpg

Congrats on her part! After hearing her sing in person on our '10/11 cruise, I can see she deserves it.

I guess they're about to head down to MUTS soon to watch the BCS. I was going to work a concession stand (the Rose Bowl food service company offers groups a chance to raise money, and the girl's band parent group has been doing this a few times this year...I was at the Rose Bowl game selling beer and other stuff to MSU and Stanford fans, but ended up getting a huge reaction to all the pollen from the floats, and then food poisoning, so I'm skipping today, and hopefully they're getting enough adults who went through the booze training class). Do have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow as the girl's school starts up and concert band is bright and early.

Hope the guys have fun and that they remember to do something nice for their girls when they get home.

Very quiet on the ship today as most people went into Avalon. Last time we were in Catalina we rented a golf cart and drove all over but they opted to stay onboard to relax and enjoy a near empty ship. I don't get this whole relaxation thing!!

Patter for today:

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Congrats on her part! After hearing her sing in person on our '10/11 cruise' date=' I can see she deserves it.

I guess they're about to head down to MUTS soon to watch the BCS. I was going to work a concession stand (the Rose Bowl food service company offers groups a chance to raise money, and the girl's band parent group has been doing this a few times this year...I was at the Rose Bowl game selling beer and other stuff to MSU and Stanford fans, but ended up getting a huge reaction to all the pollen from the floats, and then food poisoning, so I'm skipping today, and hopefully they're getting enough adults who went through the booze training class). Do have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow as the girl's school starts up and concert band is bright and early.

Hope the guys have fun and that they remember to do something nice for their girls when they get home.[/quote']

Thanks Patty! I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure these Santa Ana winds don't help your allergies. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead as well!

And I agree, we are expecting some expensive jewelry and perfume from the duty free shops onboard!! ;)

What plans does your daughter have past high school? Is she looking at a college with a top drama program?

She would love to pursue a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre. Dream schools would be Carnegie Mellon, NYU or University of Michigan. But given the extremely competitive nature of these programs she is also looking at a number of other colleges and conservatories that offer BFA programs as well as some with good Bachelor of Music programs in Musical Theatre and/or Vocal Performance. She is an excellent student with an outstanding GPA so that should help with academic admittance, but she will also need to gain artistic admittance as well. So her senior year of high school promises to be very exciting and possibly nerve racking!

Just talked to my DH via cell - not sure how much that is going to cost! :eek:

They are having a great time. They just missed out on winning afternoon trivia by one point again! If he can't win some of those priceless Princess prizes, what is he going to do for my gift?

They are heading to the buffet tonight so they don't chance missing Alfred and Seymour, his gambling buddies. Lots of nice people onboard and great weather, crew, entertainment and food. I'm so happy for them!! Really!! :cool:

Whirledpeas I like your suggestion. A little retail therapy might just be in order while my daughter is at rehearsal tonight. ;)

Just talked with DH briefly tonight. They had a nice day in Ensenada today. He and DS only got off the ship and walked through the Mercado right at the dock. Shopping the crowded streets of Ensenada is not really their thing. Sterling Steakhouse for dinner tonight-Rib eye! Looks yummy!

photo.jpg

Hi There - What fun reading this from your onshore voyage!! Wrote a reply to you on the thread I wrote on our Sapphire cruise! Again, congrats to your daughter. Hope you've had some good mom/daughter times with the boys away! Hope we meet again.

Well my boys are home and they had a wonderful time on the cruise. I was definitely glad to have them back and happy they had a good time even though my daughter and I needed to stay behind.

And they did bring home some marvelous gifts for us - perfume, Princess mugs... and Norovirus! :rolleyes:

So thanks to that special gift, I've been a bit preoccupied but will post a few more photos when I get a chance.